What's new

Crabtree and Evelyn

...was able to pick up some stuff for a song. And from what I remember also is that the soaps were really not that good.
I got mine (sandalwood), on sale at a drug store that was clearing old stock. I had no idea how bad it was when I picked it up. Ten bucks. Not worth it for a quarter as much. I have no idea how they got away with selling it for $20.

Doesn't lather but blended into a superlather with a decent cream it provides good slickness.

The conversation was highlighted for me by the forum software when I logged on. Why was that? I wouldn't have seen it otherwise. It didn't occur to me that the software would highlight ancient threads. I certainly didn't go looking for it. Maybe the software noticed that I am in the process of 3017-ing some C&E Nomad??

Yes, scent-wise Sienna was lovely, Sandalwood was quiet nice too, and Nomad just put me off.
I believe, Nomad had replaced another line, the scent of which did not appeal to me either.

The performance of the shaving soaps left a lot to be desired though.

Which was not entirely surprising, given that the company accentuated their “Britishness” without having any true roots in the British Isles.
While the word was not quite as much in use then as it is today, the whole British appeal was ‘fake’ and it was more a marketing ruse than anything else.

B.

The performance of the shaving soaps left a lot to be desired though.

The Sweet Almond Oil Shaving Soap was an exception-it yielded absolutely wonderful lather. If memory serves, it was discontinued long before the rest of the shaving soaps. If I were to guess, I would say it was discontinued in 2003 or 2004.

Reactions: nav
The Sweet Almond Oil Shaving Soap was an exception-it yielded absolutely wonderful lather. If memory serves, it was discontinued long before the rest of the shaving soaps. If I were to guess, I would say it was discontinued in 2003 or 2004.

Yup, SAO was a phenomenal soap!!

Discontinued around 2009.
What a huge loss for the shaving community as it was discontinued just a couple of years before traditional shaving started taking off!

Yup, SAO was a phenomenal soap!!

Discontinued around 2009.
What a huge loss for the shaving community as it was discontinued just a couple of years before traditional shaving started taking off!

I have one last unopened puck!

• Love
Reactions: nav
It'll be a sad day when my last little bit of Nomad is gone. It was my second shave soap and is still my favorite scent.

Top Bottom