What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

Thanks, it takes woodgrain to a whole new level. Took a while to get flat, and there's still a big dip in the whiter area as if someone just did circles there for a while.

timwcic

"Look what I found"
Two flea market found Coti's found last month all cleaned up and lapped. These beauty's measure in at 8 x 2 and a 9 1/2 x 2 3/8. Only played with the 9 inch a little, but it appears to be fairly fast on slurry removing steel. It has a nice swirled surface with a mag Circle in the corner. The 8 inch has nice potential being very hard and slow in every way. Mag line and dots on the rather clean surface. Two nice hunks of Belgium real estate

IMG_2154.JPG
IMG_2155.JPG
IMG_2156.JPG

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
It's been almost two months since I bought a coticule. That may be my record since I started in 2013. I knew I shouldn't have got married!

"Hello, David's wife? Yeah, you should take him shopping... he loves watching you shop for shoes and purses." :devil2:

On second thought, if she hurled a nice Les Lat slurry stone I might be willing!

David

She asked where I wanted to go on vacation this summer. I said how about Jacksonville? She said sure. What I didn’t tell her is that we’re making a not so quick stop by TSS!

timwcic

"Look what I found"
She asked where I wanted to go on vacation this summer. I said how about Jacksonville? She said sure. What I didn’t tell her is that we’re making a not so quick stop by TSS!

There are some good flea markets is that part of the state. Have not been up there in a while.

David

Come on now, I think your wife deserves a nice romantic vacation... I hear Belgium is beautiful!
Way ahead of you, Jack! We are saving our southwest points and will hopefully be making that trip in the next 3 years.

So I've had this coticule for a couple of years now and I'm just now trying to dig my teeth into it and see if I even like edges finished on it.
With that said, have any of you guys seen a coticule like this before? It just doesn't feel that much like a coticule when honing. The back of it does, but the top, which is the cleaner of the two sides just feels different.

It was sold as a Les Latneuse and appears to be incredibly hard, since I cannot easily lap or bring up a slurry on it. The edges have been less than satisfactory coming off it. Not what I consider shave ready, but on par with coti edges that I have been sent. I just honed it with lather and will be trying that edge tomorrow morning. The white stuff you see is almost clear in nature.
proxy.php

I have seen a few coticules like that. I liked the feedback on one of them but not the other. There is a guy from France I believe that sells some coticules that look similar.

IMG_0587.JPG

My childhood friend generously gave me this natural combo coticule that was his fathers who was a barber that worked until his 80's and died in 1996.We met at a coffee shop where the pic was taken and doubt he will know how much I really appreciate the stone.Its dished pretty well and thin on top but its still good for a while. I cleaned it up a little and touched up an edge with it without flattening it.I will leave it pretty much the way he gave it to me,just some cleaning.A great day for me.

Top Bottom