What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

Oh my! :drool:
I just bought a beautiful vintage coti from Sebastian on BST this morning, I could use another slurry stone or two myself.

A box of Rocks,
C355638A-008A-4320-BD3B-0C0C24D7AADD.jpeg
AE3BAD60-B76B-4C54-8E3F-6B6E32D74258.jpeg
0C3F7281-F1B5-4C2A-83B3-C9DAAB365995.jpeg
79B1A414-31DE-4FEE-A189-A0D140480619.jpeg

Very nice coloration going on in that one, blush and coffee traces. Very impressive size too.
Let me guess, it belonged to a little old lady who only honed on it after Church? :biggrin:

edit: The box reminds me of the salted Cod my mom used to buy when I was a kid, it came in boxes like that with the slider lids, unstained of course. It makes wonder if she kept any of them, they'd be perfect for hones.

Last edited:
Thanks David. What I meant to type, and what Sebastian said was, "[it's] very likely a Salm." I assume from the reaction to the auction that's a good thing? Is it known to be a quality vein or just rare?

I finished my Bismarck on it using Kapton tape (instead of electrical), after running back through the progression on my LV and I'm very happy with the results. My Bismarck finally has the edge I wanted, it wasn't quite "there" before. It's probably a combination of using the thinner tape and a finer coti to finish the edge. Besides... it's got those WAY cool manganese lines.

Picked this 40 x 175 up at a local antique store today. It was pretty dirty, but the red BBW grain on the bottom was recognizable. Slow on slurry and water, lots of stiction. Anyone have one with a similar pattern?

CoticuleLorraine1.JPG CoticuleLorraine2.JPG CoticuleLorraine3.JPG

Top Bottom