What's new

Complete PIF

OK Gentlemen,

I have been on the receiving end of a few PIFs, especially when I first started here. The variety of items I received helped broaden my experience and determine what I truly enjoy.

With that said, I have several items that I liked but do not get the use they deserve. I have put together a PIF that, I believe, will be great for those just starting out or who have not had the experience with the items in the PIF. All are welcome to enter. I will cover shipping CONUS. If OCONUS, winner agrees to pay actual shipping cost (probably in excess of $20) or forfeits win and another winner will be selected.

Simply post "I'm in," and include your favorite childhood memory or favorite memory of your child. I personally have been blessed with our first/only, beautiful baby girl born on January 1, 2014. New Years baby for our county.

I will let this thread run a week or so, or as determined when interest drops. I will use a random number generator for selection of the post number.

Included:

1-'58 TV Special Gillette SuperSpeed
1-Junjie 3-Piece
1-Art of Shaving Pure Badger Brush
1-AOS Pre-Shave Oil Sample
1-Proraso Blue Cream (Used)
1-VDH Luxury Scented Soap (Used)
1-RazoRock Captains Choice Bay Rum Soap Sample
1-Variety selection of DE Blades (Including, but not limited to, Shark, Derby, Astra SP, Merkur, Wilkinson Sword…)
1-Captains Choice Sandalwood Sample (Used, I love this stuff and know I will buy a bottle. The sample vial will have enough for hopefully 1 or 2 applications to get you hooked once Scott releases the full production soon.)

$IMG_20140830_101205674.jpg

Happy PIFing,

Charger

Last edited:
Im in. Never tried these specific products. Best memory is riding with my dad and being on his job sites as a kid. I thaught every kid hand toys like we did. He moved houses. Not my brother and I own the business.

I'm in. I use to love sitting in my uncles lap when he drove the bronco, he would steer, control the gas, brakes, and clutch. I however, got to work the stick shift and learned how to drive a manual vehicle because of that.

Im in. Best memory would have to be from cycling through the streets during a summer rainstorm, where lightning struck about 100 meters from where we were. Hot rain and pure adolecent joy. Quite stupid though, venturing out in tha kind of weather.

StAndre

I'm in!!! Would love to try a DE :) , gladly pay for the shipping.

I have a four month baby girl, I know there are many memories to come, but so far it was when she was born, she was place on mom for some skin to skin time, and straight away she opened her little eye (struggling of-curse) and she saw me. She will never remember this, but I was the first thing she saw, and I will never forget it.

I'm in! My favorite childhood memory was hitting a homerun off the first pitch of a little league world series game.

I'm in. This being my birth year razor did the trick. My favorite memory as a child was seeing my dad come off the plane coming home from Vietnam. My favorite memory as a parent was seeing my 11 mo. old son run to me as I got off the plane from a deployment. Thanks for the great PIF!

Im in and thank you for your generosity!
How about Two good memories, one as a child, and one with my child?
In March of this year the patriarch of our family, my Grandfather, passed away. I remember as a small child standing in the bathroom watching him shave with his fancy silver razor. As I observed him methodically go through his morning ritual, he would grab a gob of lathered soap from his mug and slap it on my face then hand me a comb. I would mimic every move he made with his razor with the spine of that comb. Probably the first memory I have with my grandpa. It is certainly one of the best. He taught my father how to shave with that very same razor. A few weeks after He passed my grandmother brought it to me. Her eyes beamed as she remembered and retold the story of how I would watch my grandpa and shave my face with that comb. The razor is a $1.99 gillette adjustable better known as a Fatboy.
I have since taught My oldest son, who turned 15 on the 17th of this month how to shave with the very same razor. As I retold the story to him about how I learned how to shave he listend intently. His first shave ended with an "I love you dad" followed by an unprovoked promise to teach his son one day the tradition of how Cangelosi Men shave. This is certainly one of my best memories as a dad.
By the way, my youngest boy who is 7 now comes in the bathroom while I shave and watches me as he drags the spine of his very own comb across his face.
The connection I get from wet shaving can not be quantified, it's something that connects me to my passed and now connects me to my future. It has also connected me to each of you. Thanks for reading.

i'm in.

best memory is just playing with my two friends all summer long from dawn to dusk.
still brings a smile to my face.

I'm in.

One of my favorite memories is listening to my dad sit around and play guitar and sing. Then him teaching me to play.

Last edited:
I'm in. Thank you for the opportunity at this generous PIF and congrats.

I have a lot of good childhood memories, but among the best are during the summer. We had a local swimming pond in a county park and my mom would take us to the "beach" almost everyday of the summer. Once I got a little older, we would spent the morning swimming and then my friends a I would ride our bikes to another park and spend the afternoon fishing in the river. Those were the days.

I'm in. Best childhood memories were neighborhood baseball/street-hockey games during the summer, and flashlight tag at night.

I'm in. My best memory is biking with my friends out to a nice secluded swimming spot called the Water Fence and cooling off on a hot summer day.

Im In...
My favorite memory was arriving at the airport from being assigned in Korea (Osan) and making it to the hospital in time for my first son to be born. He and to spend a week in the NICU, and I was able to bring him home on my birthday...what a gift!

I'm in. One of my favorite childhood memories is when I played soccer at the YMCA. I was the goalie during one game, and I punted the ball all the way into the other goal. It rolled straight through the other goalies hands! I was probably 6 or 7 at the time.

Top Bottom