Comments on your mustache

Discussion in 'Beards & Moustaches' started by Rusty Blade, Jul 30, 2017.

Didn't Jimmy Buffett do a song called " I wish I had a pencil thin mustache "?

1. The only comments I get are from family when I mention shaving mine off. I had this mustache long before I met my wife, and she and the kids have never seen me without one.

2. troy

troy Ambassador

Sure did!

3. Thanks! Close to 40 years since I heard that one!

4. troy

troy Ambassador

Another beard rather than a mustache comment, but I got a "Nice beard!" from the lady at the Dolor General cash register. It's funny because I was working in a food process plant and had to keep it contained in a braid and beard net all day. I just let it down and ran my fingers through it a few times, so it was looking a little wild. If she were younger and / or used a different tone I would have thought it was sarcastic, but it really seemed to be a genuine complement, so I said thanks and went on my way. Makes me wonder if I should skip the comb every now and the and just run my fingers through it and rock the wild and natural look. Not that I get too carried away with styling, but I do usually like to run a comb through it before going out in public.

5. Yesterday I wore a perfectly straight version of this ...
    [​IMG]
    ... to my usual cafe, and as I was standing in line the window cleaning contractor said "I really like your mustache!" as he passed by.
    He was pretty loud about it too.
    As the afternoon progressed I noticed a lot of furtive glances, except for some toddlers who just stared. :ohmy:

I'd keep the pencil mustache. It seems to suit your face.
    Or vice-versa. :001_huh:

Don't be like director John Waters though:
    [​IMG]
    That's just creepy.

[​IMG]

6. August West

August West Moderator Emeritus

"You have some mayonnaise stuck..No, the other side...lower..."

7. troy

troy Ambassador

:lol1:
    You must be a cleaner eater than me I usually get it in both sides...
    and the middle. :yesnod:

8. August West

:001_302:

9. I get the hand motions. I start thinking:
    "Hmm, looks like he has bad allergies"
    "Wish he would go blow his nose or something"
    " Hmm, seems to be rubbing below his nose actually"
    <Bulb goes off>"maybe I have some"
    <wipes moustache>"yea"
    <Thankful head nod>

10. August West

Perfect.

11. It goes without saying that any man with a rather full mustache always asks for extra napkins before eating.

12. YKMV

YKMV Contributor

I got that same comment from one of my girlfriends a number of years ago...

13. YKMV

YKMV Contributor

Or Boston Blackie
    Unless they are a Parrothead.

14. My niece loves my 'stache when I have it waxed, and I got a complement at Cotton Patch from my 20 something waitress. That's an ego boost :)