What's new

Comments on your mustache

The only comments I get are from family when I mention shaving mine off. I had this mustache long before I met my wife, and she and the kids have never seen me without one.

troy

Ambassador
Another beard rather than a mustache comment, but I got a "Nice beard!" from the lady at the Dolor General cash register. It's funny because I was working in a food process plant and had to keep it contained in a braid and beard net all day. I just let it down and ran my fingers through it a few times, so it was looking a little wild. If she were younger and / or used a different tone I would have thought it was sarcastic, but it really seemed to be a genuine complement, so I said thanks and went on my way. Makes me wonder if I should skip the comb every now and the and just run my fingers through it and rock the wild and natural look. Not that I get too carried away with styling, but I do usually like to run a comb through it before going out in public.

Yesterday I wore a perfectly straight version of this ...

... to my usual cafe, and as I was standing in line the window cleaning contractor said "I really like your mustache!" as he passed by.
He was pretty loud about it too.
As the afternoon progressed I noticed a lot of furtive glances, except for some toddlers who just stared. :ohmy:

I've had the thin mustache for seven years ...
I'd keep the pencil mustache. It seems to suit your face.
Or vice-versa. :001_huh:

Don't be like director John Waters though:

That's just creepy.

"You have some mayonnaise stuck..No, the other side...lower..."
I get the hand motions. I start thinking:
"Hmm, looks like he has bad allergies"
"Wish he would go blow his nose or something"
" Hmm, seems to be rubbing below his nose actually"
<Bulb goes off>"maybe I have some"
<wipes moustache>"yea"
<Thankful head nod>

August West

Moderator Emeritus
I get the hand motions. I start thinking:
"Hmm, looks like he has bad allergies"
"Wish he would go blow his nose or something"
" Hmm, seems to be rubbing below his nose actually"
<Bulb goes off>"maybe I have some"
<wipes moustache>"yea"
Perfect.

It goes without saying that any man with a rather full mustache always asks for extra napkins before eating.

My niece loves my 'stache when I have it waxed, and I got a complement at Cotton Patch from my 20 something waitress. That's an ego boost :)

I've had a mustache ever since I graduated high school in 1978 (41 years now), and no one ever commented on it one way or the other in that entire time until this last (not quite a full year) year when I decided to handlebar it. Since I grew it out into a handlebar I've received several comments on it; all positive.