What's new

Comments on your mustache

The only comments I get are from family when I mention shaving mine off. I had this mustache long before I met my wife, and she and the kids have never seen me without one.

Another beard rather than a mustache comment, but I got a "Nice beard!" from the lady at the Dolor General cash register. It's funny because I was working in a food process plant and had to keep it contained in a braid and beard net all day. I just let it down and ran my fingers through it a few times, so it was looking a little wild. If she were younger and / or used a different tone I would have thought it was sarcastic, but it really seemed to be a genuine complement, so I said thanks and went on my way. Makes me wonder if I should skip the comb every now and the and just run my fingers through it and rock the wild and natural look. Not that I get too carried away with styling, but I do usually like to run a comb through it before going out in public.

Yesterday I wore a perfectly straight version of this ...
image-jpg.945903

... to my usual cafe, and as I was standing in line the window cleaning contractor said "I really like your mustache!" as he passed by.
He was pretty loud about it too.
As the afternoon progressed I noticed a lot of furtive glances, except for some toddlers who just stared. :ohmy:

I've had the thin mustache for seven years ...
I'd keep the pencil mustache. It seems to suit your face.
Or vice-versa. :001_huh:

Don't be like director John Waters though:
proxy.php

That's just creepy.

proxy.php

"You have some mayonnaise stuck..No, the other side...lower..."

I get the hand motions. I start thinking:
"Hmm, looks like he has bad allergies"
"Wish he would go blow his nose or something"
" Hmm, seems to be rubbing below his nose actually"
<Bulb goes off>"maybe I have some"
<wipes moustache>"yea"
<Thankful head nod>

I get the hand motions. I start thinking:
"Hmm, looks like he has bad allergies"
"Wish he would go blow his nose or something"
" Hmm, seems to be rubbing below his nose actually"
<Bulb goes off>"maybe I have some"
<wipes moustache>"yea"

Perfect.

It goes without saying that any man with a rather full mustache always asks for extra napkins before eating.

My niece loves my 'stache when I have it waxed, and I got a complement at Cotton Patch from my 20 something waitress. That's an ego boost :)

I've had a mustache ever since I graduated high school in 1978 (41 years now), and no one ever commented on it one way or the other in that entire time until this last (not quite a full year) year when I decided to handlebar it. Since I grew it out into a handlebar I've received several comments on it; all positive.

I've had a mustache ever since I graduated high school in 1978 (41 years now), and no one ever commented on it one way or the other in that entire time until this last (not quite a full year) year when I decided to handlebar it. Since I grew it out into a handlebar I've received several comments on it; all positive.
Walked into our local hardware store and a new clerk commented when I walked in, "Man I am having a serious case of moustache envy! Your stache is amazing!" I politely said thank you and smiled. Also at my favourite sushi place I have a regular waitress who comments on my moustache every time. And in case you are wondering, yes, she is tipped well.

A couple years ago, I was standing in a grocery checkout line and the lady behind me tapped my wife on the shoulder and said "Is this your husband?"

I said nothing, but I could tell that my wife was thinking "Oh god, what vile thing has he done now?!?", but she just muttered "Yes, he is..."

To her relief, the lady said, "I know this is forward, but I wanted to tell you that he's a very handsome man and he smells wonderful. My husband has a similar beard and I just love the look of men with beards."

She asked what cologne or after shave I was wearing. I said it was Proraso Single Blade "Wood & Spice" from Shopper's Drug Mart (a drug store chain up here in Canada).

Let me tell you, this was a massive ego boost! Meanwhile, everyone else told me not to let this go to my head. :laugh:

More recently, I shaved my beard at the chin and turned it into a "Hulk Hogan"-esque horseshoe moustache. I've received some strange glances, but also some approving ones. I think that I'm going to keep it.

Top Bottom