What's new

Comic Book Ads

Hot air balloons. This was around the time I and a friend were messing with making hydrogen.
None of the tissue ones made completion. We did fill and put dry cleaners’ bags aloft a few times.

foil and acid? We did that. The good old days
Yes. Sent one up with an attached sparkler. It ignited about ten feet overhead. Sort of like...
CBB2B8FB-60A9-4BCE-9A8F-718172388A6B.gif

We used to tie a cigarette to a ballon and shoot it with our air rifles.

it was amazing what kids got away with back then. That is not including the things we made go bang.
And lawn darts. They were the best. Some kid took one in the head and ruined it for everyone. They have been illegal in Canada for years. 👎

How is a bunch of kids throwing a 2lb spear straight up in the air and scattering dangerous? 🤪

Ad Astra

The Instigator
And lawn darts. They were the best. Some kid took one in the head and ruined it for everyone. They have been illegal in Canada for years. 👎

How is a bunch of kids throwing a 2lb spear straight up in the air and scattering dangerous? 🤪

The Romans actually threw lawn darts at their enemies ... Plumbata.

It kept us 60s kids sharp, fast and on your toes.

Sis's Hula Hoop was the usual target, as I recall.

Maybe I'll make a set, next time I have down time. Beats "Cornhole."

Where'd THAT name come from, anyways?! :letterk1:

AA

Yeah. Frankenstein was just printed on trash bag plastic, like a poster. 🧐 For truth in advertising, it WAS six feet tall, when unrolled and tacked to the wall.

AA
I had the Frankenstein trashbag poster too. I also got a venus flytrap, a metal bank safe with combination lock (I still have this), a gorilla mask, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some of the things I got. I would save my lawn mowing money, give it to my dad who would write a check. I also ordered books and records from Publisher's Clearinghouse when they were an actual publisher's clearinghouse.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I had the Frankenstein trashbag poster too. I also got a venus flytrap, a metal bank safe with combination lock (I still have this), a gorilla mask, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some of the things I got. I would save my lawn mowing money, give it to my dad who would write a check. I also ordered books and records from Publisher's Clearinghouse when they were an actual publisher's clearinghouse.

My buddy got the safe. It was pretty chintzy. Looked like a book? Plastic and tin?

The fishing setup did come with all that stuff, but it was of the lowest possible grade.

That "Polaris Submarine" was a cardboard box, by the way. Or so I hear; not even my gang was dumb enough to bite on that one.

AA

My buddy got the safe. It was pretty chintzy. Looked like a book? Plastic and tin?

The fishing setup did come with all that stuff, but it was of the lowest possible grade.

That "Polaris Submarine" was a cardboard box, by the way. Or so I hear; not even my gang was dumb enough to bite on that one.

AA
mine wasn't the book safe, it was a simple steel box with a combination lock and slot in the top to drop in coins and cash.

Top Bottom