What's new

Come on, admit it, do you use a brush-less cream once in a while?

Well I'm going to give these brush-less creams a try. It seems all brush-less creams and soaps are out of favor here at B&B, but I'll try anything new. I've already used the Aveeno and must admit its pretty darn good for a cream out of a can. It goes on a bit heavy, but with a small amount water I can get it just right, smells nice too. The soy in it provides good mosterization and if I use CAR's A/S balm afterwards my face seems too greasy, not a good combo so far. I'm not great at reviews but I think in a few weeks I can give one on the King Of Shaves products. Keep in mind I'm not a DE or Injector user so you may not find any benefit from it.

CraigK

I have not used anything but creams that come in a tub (either T&H or Taylors) since I got into the whole DE thing.

I might try soaps in the future.

I don't rule out brushless creams, as they might be just the thing to take traveling. I'm sure there are a few good ones out there.

I'll admit it. I use Tom's of Maine which is brushless, but then I whip it up with a brush. So it is no longer really brushless.

Anyone here ever used Dr. Sheffields? I used to use it before getting some good creams. I always liked it because of the lanolin in it. It feels really, really confortable. I still have it and, like I said earlier, will probably use it when traveling. It comes in a tube and is meant to be used brushless.

I occasionally use a brushless cream (like KMF) but I always use a brush. I have used a DE for about 25 years but until I ran across the shaving forums I got crappy shaves the whole time. IMO a shaving brush has made all the difference and I refuse to give it up - even once.
My dad still uses the canned stuff when he's "in a hurry". I've never been in such a hurry that I'd go back to it. What could be so important in those extra few minutes that I've come to enjoy?
Anyway... there you have it. My two cents.

nope. noy any more. I used KOS once for several days. For me--it compares favorable to snot but that's about the best I can say about it.

No brushless creams here, no plans on any either. Without the brush I'd be missing out on a big part of what makes this worthwhile.

Ok, I admit, I do. It seems very unpopular, and clearly makes me not one of the cool kids, but I do now and then. Yes, the brush is part of the fun. Yes, this new way of shaving is really made by the brush. But, well, I don't have the luxury of never having to shave in a relative hurry. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

So, when this does happen, I always use Cremo-Cream. Honestly, it shaves about as well brushless as with a brush, which is better than a number of products I've tried, and no worse than the rest. Good stuff, and a good brushless shave. Only issue is you have to use a full shaves worth for each pass brushless.

I have Musgo as well, which is said to shave very well brushless, but I have not tried it yet.

Btw, I never tried Aveeno, but for canned gel, I found Nivea Sensitive to be very good. Heck, it was almost as good a shave as a fair brushed product.

I have the Palmolive brushless(green tube) and I was using it- but whipping it in the mug. Once I realized what was going on, I went to the red tube. i have not used the brushless since.

Marty

moses said:
Ok, I admit, I do. It seems very unpopular, and clearly makes me not one of the cool kids, but I do now and then. Yes, the brush is part of the fun. Yes, this new way of shaving is really made by the brush. But, well, I don't have the luxury of never having to shave in a relative hurry. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

So, when this does happen, I always use Cremo-Cream. Honestly, it shaves about as well brushless as with a brush, which is better than a number of products I've tried, and no worse than the rest. Good stuff, and a good brushless shave. Only issue is you have to use a full shaves worth for each pass brushless.

I have Musgo as well, which is said to shave very well brushless, but I have not tried it yet.

Btw, I never tried Aveeno, but for canned gel, I found Nivea Sensitive to be very good. Heck, it was almost as good a shave as a fair brushed product.

Yup, Nivea Sens. and Mild are really nice goos

T

Tye

I've got all that are shown in the pic above and I've always had really good results from the KoS stuff. Sometimes it's a nice change of pace to use a brushless.

-Tye

Sure, I've used brushless creams. Prep is pretty good when used brushless, and so is Musgo Real (although I prefer to lather that one). My favorite cream actually intended for brushless use is Palmolive brushless (in U.S. green and white tube, vice the lather version in red and white...). Just smear a thin layer on your beard (after washing your face, etc.) and start shaving. I've always had good results with it. Blows Edge, KOS, etc. out of the water IMHO....
BTW, I've never considered Toms of Maine or KissMyFace creams to be "brushless" so much as their lathering instructions assume one does not possess a brush and are geared as such....they lather quite well, and match some of the best creams out there IMHO.
John P.

I use Molle once in a while; it's kind of gunky, and must be used brushless. The stuffs works like magic, but makes me miss my brushes.

John

I have used Proraso brushless with good results, the Proraso foam in a can is also better than other foams I've tried (still not great with a DE) and the Neutrogena.

I lied a bit. It's been several months since I used brushless but I do keep in my cabinet J/A/S/O/N shaving lotion--it's not bad and if I were to return of desire a brushless this would be my choice.

Every once in a while, I use the last Nivea foam I bought before switching to straight shaving, only to conclude that I do prefer my Taylor cream. But I’m currently trying different brushless creams for use when travelling.

Top Bottom