What's new

Come on, admit it, do you use a brush-less cream once in a while?

I used to swear by the Edge unscented, it is the only one with sunflower oil in it, if that was it or not I don't know, but man that is some slick stuff. Not that I would ever use or anything. I wanna try the Prorasso in a can someday.

If you must use brushless cream, use something like Kiss my Face cool mint or Key Lime. I haven't used that stuff since the old (i.e. M3) days, but I used to get a lot of pleasure out of it. Now, I get pleasure out of using brushes, so this stuff out out.

russellnyc said:
If you must use brushless cream, use something like Kiss my Face cool mint or Key Lime. I haven't used that stuff since the old (i.e. M3) days, but I used to get a lot of pleasure out of it. Now, I get pleasure out of using brushes, so this stuff out out.

You know you can use the KMF stuff with a brush, right? It whips up fantastically is very slick. I like to mix it as well with Tom's of Maine for extra minty-ness. :w00t:

Really! Why did I never think of that. Perhaps because, when I applied it with my hand, it seemed like the anti-lather. But these are slick and lovely smelling creams, perhaps I'll pick some up next time I see it! You see, I'm going through a tube phase now...

Hey everyone....first post..

I've actually used the Edge 'Active Care' Non-foaming 'cream' on and off for the past few months (not since I started doing things the right way a few weeks ago). I am really rather impressed by the stuff. Sacreligious, I know. But it actually does a pretty good job of protecting the skin...though mostly because the stuff clogs the razor (mine's a multiblade, for now) so much that it can't really get to the skin well enough to cause irritation...

Since then, it's been Proraso all the way. Never going back....

Actually, even the Scented Edge gels have sunflower oil

KMF sucks brushless, but is great with a brush

The Edge cream in a tube is nice too

I used the Nivea gel before I tried the DE thing but I have not bought a can since. I won the Maleface cream in the B&B give away contest. I threw it in the cabinet and thought I would not use it. However, I got called in to work early two times this week and was in a rush to get out the door. I grabbed the Maleface and M3 (didn't have time for anything else) and was suprised. Worked very well for me. It will have a place when I dont have time for a proper shave.

I use the NB brushless. It works pretty well. I have also tried Lush Razorantium (which absolutely sucks), edge, neutrogena, clearasil, and barbasol. NB is the clear favorite when it comes to brushless shaving. The rest foam or otherwise were pretty bad.

Chris

Hi,
I use Lush cream (Razorantum) from time to time and I must say that's a really good product (except for the price)
I read some really bad comments on it but It's because some people used it with a brush which is not the good way at all!
If you want to have a really quick shave that's for you guys!
I didn't tried the prince one (the girl in the shop told me it's pretty similar)
The only bad thing about this cream is that you have to rinse the blade all the time cause It's a really sticky cream.

Nope, I don't even own any at the moment. I'll admit to not using a brush all the time. The Body Shop Shave Cream works well with just a finger-tip application.

What I will admit to is using a M3 or Sensor when I'm in a rush, and don't have time for a proper prep. I find in near impossible to cut yourself with an M3, and when I'm in a rush, that's what counts most to me.

I use a brushless cream everyday actually. After I get out of the shower I put on Arbonne's shave cream (which doesn't lather) and I let it sit while I get hot water and lather up the cream/soap of the day. Then I just brush over it. It's given me awesome protection/moisture and still get the glide similar to an oil.

I love it! :smile:

When in the mood for a heady dose of juniper, I use a pre-shave oil, followed by a layer of L'Occitane CADE Shaving Cream on top. I get great results with that combination. I have no luck producing a lather with L'Occitane, so I consider it a brushless cream.

In addition to my brush creams, I really enjoy a couple of brushless ones: Nancy Boy and Zirh. As far as gels go, I prefer Sharps gels (both the "real" Sharps and the clear minty Target one) over KoS.

I've gotta try Tom's of Maine's cream since so many of you guys like it. I like their deoderants and toothpastes quite a bit.

Top Bottom