What's new

GIVEAWAY! Worldwide razor PIF - plus bonus UK items!

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Thanks to the generosity and friendship of B&B members I have been the lucky recipient of more than one PIF here at B&B and it is high time I returned the compliment. With this in mind I offer the following PIF and I will draw the winner at random in about two weeks.

How to enter - reply to this thread and tell us about something that you have had cause to celebrate, or some way in which you have changed your life for the better, or a way in which your life has otherwise been blessed. If you prefer not to do so then a simple 'I am in' will also qualify.

This PIF is open to all members worldwide and the lucky winner will receive in the post the following:

A 7 O'Clock open comb razor in an excellent condition green metal case, complete with an open pack of vintage 7 O'Clock blades. This is basically a Gillette New long comb with a different stamp and it shaves beautifully. The base plate is perfect, but there is a little wear to the handle and cap both of which could easily be replaced. I estimate this as around 1930 before Gillette acquired the 7 O'Clock company. The metal case is really lovely and is similar in construction to a metal Rotbart case of the same period.

20220814_140307.jpg

20220814_140246.jpg

20220814_140205.jpg

If the winner is based in the UK then in addition to the razor they will also receive the following:

Three unused tubes of Proraso shaving cream.

20220814_140350.jpg

Also, a Shulton Old Spice mug - this is type 'Late Glass Mug 01' from the late 1960s and has a late tabbed lid with some wear to the graphics. A couple of brushes, one synthetic and one Vie Long boar (kindly included in a PIF to me by @Multum in parvo ), twenty Wilkinson Sword German made blades, and a half 135cc bottle of vintage Shulton Old Spice. I believe this to be prior to 1970 as the name is below the ship, the volume is in CC, and it has the grey, type three bottle stopper with no embossed star. Correction - the Vie Long brush is horse.

20220814_140328.jpg

As explained, if the winner is NOT UK based then they will receive the razor ONLY as the full package above would be prohibitively expensive to post and in any case the aftershave would not be permitted in the Royal Mail. In this case the remaining items will go into storage for my next PIF.

Good luck to all who enter, so.... who is in and what have you got to celebrate?

Last edited:
Thanks to the generosity and friendship of B&B members I have been the lucky recipient of more than one PIF here at B&B and it is high time I returned the compliment. With this in mind I offer the following PIF and I will draw the winner at random in about two weeks.

How to enter - reply to this thread and tell us about something that you have had cause to celebrate, or some way in which you have changed your life for the better, or a way in which your life has otherwise been blessed. If you prefer not to do so then a simple 'I am in' will also qualify.

This PIF is open to all members worldwide and the lucky winner will receive in the post the following:

A 7 O'Clock open comb razor in an excellent condition green metal case, complete with an open pack of vintage 7 O'Clock blades. This is basically a Gillette New long comb with a different stamp and it shaves beautifully. The base plate is perfect, but there is a little wear to the handle and cap both of which could easily be replaced. I estimate this as around 1930 before Gillette acquired the 7 O'Clock company. The metal case is really lovely and is similar in construction to a metal Rotbart case of the same period.

View attachment 1510037
View attachment 1510036
View attachment 1510034

If the winner is based in the UK then in addition to the razor they will also receive the following:

Three unused tubes of Proraso shaving cream.

View attachment 1510042

Also, a Shulton Old Spice mug - this is type 'Late Glass Mug 01' from the late 1960s and has a late tabbed lid with some wear to the graphics. A couple of brushes, one synthetic and one Vie Long boar (kindly included in a PIF to me by @Multum in parvo ), twenty Wilkinson Sword German made blades, and a half 135cc bottle of vintage Shulton Old Spice. I believe this to be prior to 1970 as the name is below the ship, the volume is in CC, and it has the grey, type three bottle stopper with no embossed star.

View attachment 1510043

As explained, if the winner is NOT UK based then they will receive the razor ONLY as the full package above would be prohibitively expensive to post and in any case the aftershave would not be permitted in the Royal Mail. In this case the remaining items will go into storage for my next PIF.

Good luck to all who enter, so.... who is in and what have you got to celebrate?
I believe it’s horse, Richard. I couldn’t make it work so if someone is up for a challenge…

I’m in. I’ve never tried a vintage DE and this would be a great addition to my English shaving set.

I’m currently celebrating my 11th month alcohol free. I quit the booze shortly after my 40th birthday. After over two decades of daily drinking I thought it was time for a break. I didn’t expect to go for this long. I’ve experienced a number of positive impacts from the change in lifestyle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom