What's new

GIVEAWAY! PIF - Cadman "Bengall" SR Starter's Kit

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Initially excluding CONUS, Canada and Slovakia. If no takers 2359UTC Tuesday 22 November 2022, this PIF will be open to all.

Due to @Tomo's benevolence who PIOFed me one more "Bengall" than I needed, on offer is an ideal straight razor starter's kit. The kit consists of:
  • A shave-ready (to my standard) post WWII T.R. Cadman & Sons Ltd "Bengall" straight razor finished on diamond pasted balsa strops to 0.1μm (about 200k grit), Dutch (round) point full-hollow blade, 18mm (about 11/16"), of high carbon steel and original scales, packaged in a hand crafted timber case.
  • A 60mm wide denim/natural chamois strop, ideal for carbon steel straight razors maintained on a 0.1μm diamond pasted balsa strop.
  • A 300mm x 75mm balsa strop lapped and pre-pasted with 0.1μm diamond paste.
  • Full instructions on how to shave with and maintain this straight razor (sent via email).
You will need to provide your own shaving brush, shaving soap and any other software you may require. This kit should be good to use for at least 3 months of daily SR shaving. By then you will need to buy your own 0.1μm diamond paste, W&D sandpaper and flat tile to re-lap and re-paste your balsa strop.

Kit01.JPG

The Kit

SR01 Face.JPG

SR01 Reverse.JPG

The Straight Razor

Strop01.JPG

Strop

Balsa01.JPG

Pasted Balsa
Conditions Of Entry:
  1. You must have been a member of B&B as at 2359UTC Monday 14 November 2022.​
  2. You must not have owned of shaved with a traditional straight razor before entering this PIF (I will accept your word on this).​
  3. If you find that you have no further use for this straight razor, you must PIF it and the balsa strop to another member of B&B.​
  4. Entries close 2359UTC Tuesday 29 November 2022.​
  5. Winner will be responsible for paying postage (at cost) via PayPal G&S.​
  6. The winner will be responsible for paying all charges and taxes to import this kit into their country. The kit will be declared a gift with a total value of about USD50.​
  7. Winning entry will be decided by my Australian Kelpie dog, a very intelligent dog with a love of watching me SR shave.​
  8. Winner will be posted in this thread on Wednesday 30 November 2022 and notified by PM.​
Postage:
The winner will be responsible for paying postage (at cost) via PayPal G&S within 48 hours of notification being sent via PM. If not paid on time, a new winner will be selected. Expected postage in USD will be about:
Australia US$7 (1 to 2 weeks)​
New Zealand US$16 (2 to 3 weeks)​
East Asia US$23 (2 to 4 weeks)​
Southern Asia US$23 (2 to 4 weeks)​
Near East US$36 (2 to 4 weeks)​
Africa US$36 (3 to 5 weeks)​
Europe US$39 (2 to 4 weeks)​
North America US$26 (2 to 4 weeks)​
South America US$29 (3 to 5 weeks)​
To Enter:
Note: Not open to residents of CONUS, Canada or Slovakia until 0001UTC Wednesday 23 November 2022, provided no other member has entered this PIF.​
Post in this thread "I'm in", your country of residence and in about 100 to 200 words say why you want and need to win this PIF.

Nice PIF. This set up has all the basics that someone needs to get started without being overwhelmed by a barrage of equipment. I think that someone will have a very high chance of success with this.

That’s actually a very nice looking Bengall. I’ve tried quite a few straight razors now and I hold the Sheffield Bengalls in high regard. I’ve always found them to be excellent shavers.

I’m in @rbscebu . Thank you for your generosity 😊

I live in Brazil. I really like efficient razors, so shaving with a straight razor seems to be the next logical steep. I like hand sharpening kitchen knives too, this way learn how to hone a SR maybe will be a good hobby to learn in the future. In conclusion, first I want to learn how to shave with a SR, and maybe in the future I will buy a cheap SR to learn how to hone and sharp a SR.

Last edited:

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
With @hugosf's now valid entry, residents of CONUS, Canada and Slovakia are barred from entering this PIF. Residents of all other countries remain eligible to enter.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
OOO that is lovely! Respectfully not in, disqualified for many reasons. Most importantly, I like , my ears, my nose and my lips attached to my face and I am a clumsy sot with a gimp hand. It would be a bloodbath worthy of a horror movie! I will find a cool old straight for display purposes someday, but I will not even attempt to shave with one.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
OOO that is lovely! Respectfully not in, disqualified for many reasons. Most importantly, I like , my ears, my nose and my lips attached to my face and I am a clumsy sot with a gimp hand. It would be a bloodbath worthy of a horror movie! I will find a cool old straight for display purposes someday, but I will not even attempt to shave with one.
A very wise decision.

A very wise decision.
Yet here you are encouraging these poor, innocent folk to completely disregard your sage advice. For shame.

Respectfully not in as I'm more interested in removing straights from the market in order to dissuade others from falling into the SR rabbit holes.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Respectfully not in as I'm more interested in removing straights from the market in order to dissuade others from falling into the SR rabbit holes.
Like an addict trying to buy up the world supply of illicit drugs to save everybody from themselves 😄.

Top Bottom