What's new

Cigarillos

Hey B&B,

At my local cigar shop, they have tiny cigarillos about the size of a cigarette that cost less than a dollar. I'm no cigar expert, but have enjoyed several great cigars for around $5. Should I give these a shot, or stay away?

And does anyone else enjoy cigarillos in general? I remember puffing on a few Garcia y Vega ones back in the day, but can't remember what they were like.

I would say if it it a true leaf wrapped cigar(illo), I'd give it a try. If its paper wrapped, I probably wouldn't bother. That said, I would only smoke a cigarillo if I was short on time and needed a quick smoke...but since having a smoke is a hobby and I devote at least 45 minutes to sit out and enjoy it when I do anyway...I rarely bother with cigarillos.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Dude:
When I don't have the time to enjoy a cigar (at work, lunch, work breaks ect...), I enjoy Nat Shermans Havana Ovals. :yesnod:

proxy.php
"Smokers are the kindest people ever...until they [run out of] smokes'. Smokaboi

attachment.php

When I don't have the time for a full cigar or pipe, I'll often buy the even the cigarillos from the gas station. They are not even comparable to a real cigar, but still enjoyable while being quick and cheap.

Had a teacher that smoked at least 5 of these (as in 5cigarillos not 5 tins) during the school day
$la_paz_cigarillos.jpg

I am not too fond of cigarillos, would rather smoke a cigarette or have some snus or nothing.

Hey B&B,

At my local cigar shop, they have tiny cigarillos about the size of a cigarette that cost less than a dollar. I'm no cigar expert, but have enjoyed several great cigars for around $5. Should I give these a shot, or stay away?

And does anyone else enjoy cigarillos in general? I remember puffing on a few Garcia y Vega ones back in the day, but can't remember what they were like.

Generally I find cigarillos fairly powerful. I go through phases of smoking them - no one brand, whatever catches my eye. As Garlisk said, if it's leaf wrapped I'd give one a go and see if it takes your fancy. At that price it's worth risking the money :001_tongu

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I will take a tin of panitellas or Cafe Cremes if I am going out someplace were a regular vitola is likely to upset others. The small cigars are less scary, and less likely to induce a negative reaction.

Thanks for the recommendations guys--I enjoyed a $1.50 cigarillo today, from the local cigar shop downtown. It was a very enjoyable 5 minutes. Too bad I can't remember the brand!! At least I remember what it looked like, for next time.

Somewhere in my transition from experimenting with cigars to experimenting with pipes I recall going through a few tins of Macanudo Maduros. I am not even close to a connoisseur of cigars, but for me they were a decent, full-flavored smoke that didn't take an hour.

Somewhere in my transition from experimenting with cigars to experimenting with pipes I recall going through a few tins of Macanudo Maduros. I am not even close to a connoisseur of cigars, but for me they were a decent, full-flavored smoke that didn't take an hour.

I had one of these before christmas. Pretty good little smoke, about 20 mins (I smoke slow). I had a tin of Macanudo mild wrapper back a few years ago and they were just as good.

I don't always smoke, but when I do it's cafe creme. I generally only smoke cigarillos because of their size, I'm not terrible interested in large cigars. Of course take my opinion with a grain of salt.

In all my experiecnes these are usually much sweeter than most cigars. Obviously, stay away from the flavored ones. They do work in a pinch.

Top Bottom