What's new

Car boot sales , what have

You picked up ? I guess a lot of us at some time or another, have walked around a Car Boot sale. (or Garage sale as they call it in the USA.)
But have you ever picked up something that you were really glad you bought , and for what price did you get it for ? POST PHOTOS of what you got and share it with the guys on here. I will be posting a photo of something I picked up and never seen one before or since. Come on guys get them photos up and tell us where you bought it, how much and if your glad you bought what every it was you bought. Photos Guy ! This is a Car boot sale https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=P...fficial&client=firefox-a&source=hp&channel=np

Last edited:
Gotta tell you, I clicked on this post simply to figure out what a car boot sale was. I am glad you explained that, because I am not sure how I would react to someone on the street asking me that question. My first thought was someone in a parking lot trying to sell me hot goods from their trunk. ^_^

Otherwise, I actually haven't found any shaving supplies from a yard/garage sale. But I will be interested in the photos.

Ok let me explain , a Car boot sale, You call it the trunk of the car , where you carry things , we call it the boot, So people here fill there car boot up with things they no longer need, and at a given place all the people who are selling stuff meet up and the public go there and take a look at what these people are selling. Here is a Link to show you what a car boot sale is https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=P...fficial&client=firefox-a&source=hp&channel=np

You may have difficulty getting many US responses, as this is a car boot over here, and it's almost always bad news...

$2007_0328_boot.jpg

We generally call a gathering like that either a swap meet or a flea market. The terms are somewhat interchangeable, but flea markets usually have tables and are usually for 2 or 3 days. Swap meets generally more vehicle related.

To answer your question, I haven't been to either since getting into traditional shaving. It's a good idea though, I will check some out next year. It's getting onto fall and normally around here we only have them in summer.

I have pointed out in the post what I mean by a Car Boot Sale, and I have even put up a link to photos of what it is. yer well that's why Im asking if you or anyone picked up anything,

Ok let me explain , a Car boot sale, You call it the trunk of the car , where you carry things , we call it the boot, So people here fill there car boot up with things they no longer need, and at a given place all the people who are selling stuff meet up and the public go there and take a look at what these people are selling. Here is a Link to show you what a car boot sale is https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=P...fficial&client=firefox-a&source=hp&channel=np

I also Believe thats called a Denver boot

Bought one of the more collectable models of Mosin Nagant rifle at a flea market for 75 dollars, in pristine shape. Sold it for 300 dollars about six months later, and I deeply regret selling it now.

hmm never really thought of going to flea markets for vintage shaving stuff, maybe ill check out the local one when i have some time

back when I was going to yard sales/flea markets it was in no way popular. but just about everything I have I got on some kind of sale like that.
I got a very old Sears and Roebuck dresser, most of my book collection, fountain pen's.
soap. really I once found a basket of old Curd soap from the 1950's.

I love garage sales. Last year I purchased a bunch of full vintage Avon aftershave bottles still in the box at a garage sale for $1 a piece. The lady had hudreds of them in every scent you can think of. I have also found full bottles of Shulton Old Spice at garage sales. I have never found any razors however.

Top Bottom