What's new

What brand of soap have you collected/hoarded the most of?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
1) MWF
2) tallow tabac
3) Stirling in several different scents

One of my favorites is Stirling lemon chill. A little goes a long way. A nice combo is start loading the brush in lemon chill (just a little), then load up with tabac or MWF. Both MWF and tabac are excellent on their own, the lemon adds some kick and is still very potent.
This actually sounds awesome my friend!

I hoard Tabac, MWF, and arko. To me, those are the necessary soaps for my shave den. Reasonably priced, great lather, last a very long time and HARD SOAPS.

I also have a lot of TOBs, just many different scents. TOBs is also required in my shave den.

Yep, I have a PAA addiction problem. This soap is pure luxury...PAA has it all for indulgence. PAA is very premium quality lather, the scents are ridiculous good, the matching splashes are incredible, and PAA has so much character. I know, I know, the price increases have not been kind but addictions are addictions uhg. I cannot help myself...Cavendish, Dapper Doc, Chocolate Bourban come on man !

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
035C8241-12A0-40E4-8825-2224713BCE3F.jpeg

I used to hoard B&M Omnibus (42 & Amazelnut). Now I am hoarding HAGS Guinness soaps. The HAGS website says Facelift and Ficus Carica are discontinued, but you can still get them at some retailers and I like the scents of them, not to mention the performance, which is great and reminiscent somehow of Omnibus.

I see that PAA has so many types and the descriptions are too artistic for my little pee brain to handle.

Which of theirs would you recommend for a first-time try?

It's so difficult to recommend scents because it's so subjective. My recommendation on scent is to order their frag samples and see what you like, that's what I did. Their site does let you filter/sort fragrances by scent type. They describe all the notes in their scents as well, and they are very accurate. Both of their soap bases are good as well, you can't go wrong with either.

My three favorites from them so far are their unique scents.
1. Dapper Doc - Amazing lilac scent with fig to tame the floral a bit. It's an amazing scent
2. Cavendish - A very sweet tobacco scent
3. Chocolate Bourbon - It's exactly as described

Their CaD is fantastic "barbershop" scent, that is a take on traditional barbasol. If you like peach, their immortal peach is incredible. The Beach is also fantastic for those summer scents of the beach. I haven't been disappointed in any scent, and they have something for everyone.

I used to hoard B&M Omnibus (42 & Amazelnut). Now I am hoarding HAGS Guinness soaps. The HAGS website says Facelift and Ficus Carica are discontinued, but you can still get them at some retailers and I like the scents of them, not to mention the performance, which is great and reminiscent somehow of Omnibus.
I wish I had hoarded Amazel nut, I love that scent.

I have more Ethos than any other soap. It's the best soap of any I've used. Of all the Ethos offerings, my personal favorite is Lavender.

Top Bottom