What's new

What brand of soap have you collected/hoarded the most of?

After a while, did you lose interest in it or is it still a favorite?

Years ago, I was on a vacation in another state and wound up at a grocery store that sold William's Mug. They were .99 and I had read a million posts (good and bad- just like now) and had never seen it locally, so bought 10 pucks. Tried one, gave one away and still have 8 left. They're probably 15 years old and I still have some of the sample of the first puck in a bowl. I just didn't like it much.

On the other hand, I do love some Tabac and have picked up a few re-fill pucks when I've seen them on sale or as an add-on for free shipping somewhere- and while not a shaving soap, I always have at least 10 bars of Dove in the cabinet and do use it to shave with occasionally. I just like the scent.

So, what have you collected the most of?

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have several Yardley, Shulton Old Spice, Cussons Imperial Leather, Goya Corvette and Cedarwood, and tallow Tabac shave soaps, and enjoy them very much. I also have and use various vintage Yardley hand soaps which are very inexpensive on the bay. They work well for shaving but I use them as a body soap in the shower.

I have a large collection of TOBS creams and soaps, GFT creams and soaps, DR Harris soaps and MWF (3 pucks), about 20-30 total. It's all I use and will use. Though I may occasionally use MdC and Cyril Salter.

U8597f10029fa428a99961015e1e48f17N.jpg_q50.jpg

42 full sticks waiting to be used. After I use up the 1\8th of a stick in my den and 1\3rd of a stick In my dopp bag at work.

Last edited:
About a dozen of TOBS creams
A dozen of Stirling soaps
Half dozen of Palmolive sticks
About twenty tubes of Palmolive cream
Half dozen of Nivea shaving cream
Half dozen of Ingram shaving cream
Half dozen of Proraso creams.

All these still among my favourites. I am much more on the side of creams than soaps. Stirling is a new brand to me.

Doesn't matter the price, Nivea, Proraso and Palmolive are hard to beat performance wise.

The rest just one or two units of each.

While I have a small hoard, I'm not a hoarder (well, IMO). Over the years, I've come to particularly appreciate T&H shaving cream and have six different jars with one jar in reserve of a fragrance they no longer do. Altogether, I probably have a stock of 20ish soaps and creams including a couple vintage Old Spice soaps (one still sealed in a mug), a Williams, an ancient Colgate and a couple other back-ups of stuff I like and was able to get a deal on. I've had more in the past but I got better...

Stocked up on purpose:

Tallow Tabac 8-9?
Palmolive sticks 17
Speick Tallow stick 5
Arko pucks 24

They should all keep well over the years until I whittle down all the other single tubs and tubes that came along since joining B&B :)

I’m just glad that I didn’t went completely bonkers and ordered some 1kg bricks of Vitos Extra Super Coco…

I guess you could call me a hoarder of soaps. I have a collection of over 200. They were accumulated over about 7 years in my pursuit of the best soaps available. Over the years, artisans developed new and better formulations and I was compelled to try them. As a result, my shaves have become far more comfortable.

I have 24 Grooming Dept soaps
I have 15 Ariana & Evans soaps
I have 12 Barrister & Mann soaps
I have 12 Wholly Kaw soaps

Those four artisans represent 63 soaps or about 30% of my collection. Although the older formulations from these artisans are excellent, the latest are superb.

There are a few other artisans who are not as highly represented in my collection, but their current products are superb. They include:

Ethos Grooming Essentials
Declaration Grooming
House of Mammoth
Oaken Lab
Zingari Man

To be transparent, I serve as a product tester for Grooming Dept. In addition to the 24 soaps I counted, I have a few samples that were sent to me for testing purposes. I paid full retail price for the 24 soaps in my collection.

I guess you could call me a hoarder of soaps. I have a collection of over 200. They were accumulated over about 7 years in my pursuit of the best soaps available. Over the years, artisans developed new and better formulations and I was compelled to try them. As a result, my shaves have become far more comfortable.

I have 24 Grooming Dept soaps
I have 15 Ariana & Evans soaps
I have 12 Barrister & Mann soaps
I have 12 Wholly Kaw soaps

Those four artisans represent 63 soaps or about 30% of my collection. Although the older formulations from these artisans are excellent, the latest are superb.

There are a few other artisans who are not as highly represented in my collection, but their current products are superb. They include:

Ethos Grooming Essentials
Declaration Grooming
House of Mammoth
Oaken Lab
Zingari Man

To be transparent, I serve as a product tester for Grooming Dept. In addition to the 24 soaps I counted, I have a few samples that were sent to me for testing purposes. I paid full retail price for the 24 soaps in my collection.
Oddly enough, RayClem, while I'm pushing 75 items in the Shave Den and have already gone through numerous things over the years (started wet shaving in 1993 but grew a full beard a few times since then), I have never tried a single one of the brands you have collected. Well, I take that back- somebody PIF'ed me a Zingari Man bath soap once.

Guess we're on opposite ends of the Soap Hoarding Spectrum. :c1:

The brand I have most of is Barrister & Mann. There are a few specific soaps, though, that I have gathered about half a dozen tubs of because I like them so much, and Barrister & Mann 42 is one of those. The others are Noble Otter Rawr, Paolo Barrasso Red, and recently Grooming Dept Eau de Magnolia. All very lovely floral scents, I can‘t help noticing. I have a bunch of La Toja sticks too, but by weight that isn’t a comparable amount.

Many soaps with time change color consistency and perfumes.
I use my favorites in rotation.
I have some backup and some vintage (tabac / yardley / valobra stick )
I no longer accumulate as many years ago, we'll see when they are finished…
There are others I’d like to try, Sebum first but I’m in Italy and is a bit difficult …

A2C8FBCC-68A2-4FEE-90AE-45EA6C124587.jpeg

Oddly enough, RayClem, while I'm pushing 75 items in the Shave Den and have already gone through numerous things over the years (started wet shaving in 1993 but grew a full beard a few times since then), I have never tried a single one of the brands you have collected. Well, I take that back- somebody PIF'ed me a Zingari Man bath soap once.

Guess we're on opposite ends of the Soap Hoarding Spectrum. :c1:
I do not consider that odd whatsoever.

I have very sensitive skin, so much so that I cannot face lather with most of my brushes without getting brush burn. Thus, I look for very specific things in my soaps. Many of the soaps that have been mentioned by others just do not work well for me. Back in 1993, there were not a lot of options in shaving soaps. Over the past 29 years, my skin has gotten a lot more sensitive, hut soaps have gotten a lot better. If the soaps you use work for you, I am glad.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I mostly use Italian barber Razorock brand, good artisan soaps from different parts of Italy that make wonderful soaps.
Worth also mentioning Speick, Ach Brito Lavanda cream, Barrister & Man and Tabac soaps.

Arko (on my second 12 pack, but I have given several away) and La Toja (because it is a great performer and cheap and I buy several sticks when I go to Spain). I also have a few Cade and tallow AOS Lemon because they are no longer produced.

Top Bottom