What's new

What brand of soap have you collected/hoarded the most of?

I have a mess of Barrister & Mann soaps. They are pretty much all up my wheel house. I also enjoy Grooming Dept soaps and I've started picking those up. Other than that, I use some hard soaps like Tabac and palmolive stick just because I enjoy them.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I only have 10 soaps and only have duplicates of three of them. I have 2 extra Acca Kapp Barbershop tubs, an extra ESC Citrus Kiss. I only have extras of those to spread out the shipping cost per item when I order from Executive Shaving Company.

I have an extra almost full container of Baume.be because I bought a 40% full container on BST and I'm using that up first.

As I've mentioned, I developed some odd red bumps on my forehead and cheeks a few months ago, so out of those ten, 5 have not been tried and one that is disqualified because I got a severe reaction from it that took a three weeks for a full recovery, though the redness disappeared in a few days. My skin remained ultra sensitive for those three weeks. I'm a bit paranoid about trying new soaps at the moment so I use a 4 soap rotation now. I don't have a method for the rotation.. whatever strikes my fancy that day.

I've quit hoarding - but before that I've saved a ton of Irisch Moos sticks , tallow Tabac in both formats, tallow AoS .. not sure anyone still alive recalls P.160 but I have some of that also .. I've enough even if nobody releases a new latest & greatest that catches me fancy ..
Smart strategy to build a reserve stock of favorite soaps given all the brands that have been discontinued/reformulated.

My entire inventory, by the numbers:

6 pucks William's (shave-pocolypse soap hoard)
2 jars MdC
3 tubs TOBS
1 tub Stirling
1 tub Razorock
1 tub Cella Red
1 tub Proraso Red
1 puck Arko
1 tube Tabac
1 tube Creamo

...and enough Stirling and MdC samples to last at least a couple of years.

The only addition I see in the near future is a tub of Stirling Pharoah's Dreamsicle when my sample is gone
(soon).

I finally bought some high-end soaps and creams about six months ago: MdC Agrumes and Roses, and ABC soaps, AdP, Atkinsons, Castle Forbes creams, plus I bought a stash or original Tabac, some Stirling and D.R. Harris soap.

Everyday I feel like a kid in a candy store.

I'm a lightweight. I don't have more than one puck from any soaper right now.

I have one Wickham, one Dr Jon's, one Blue Devil Soap Company, and one Soapy Science.

(Porky Pig voice) bdee, bdee, bdee, that's all, folks! (/Porky Pig voice)

When I started wet shaving Williams Mug was the only soap available locally. Turns out I really liked it. They stopped selling it locally years ago so I would order 25 pucks at a time for free shipping. I have 13 pucks left. Also 6 assorted B&M, 2 pucks of Arko, 1 Haslinger, 1 tub of Captain's Choice and a few samples. This all compliments my 5 year supply of blades.

Arko for sure, all in I've got 58 sticks and 7 pucks. Runner up goes to La Toja with 12 sticks and third place goes to tallow Tabac to the tune of 9 sticks.

A gentlemanly nod in the form of honourable mentions goes to Stirling and Razorock, two brands whose value for money I firmly believe will remain unchallenged in the artisan sphere for the foreseeable future and whose soaps enjoy extensive reserved seating in my stash.

Cella Kilo Brick and 2 Tabac Tallow pucks and stick of Tabac. I milled the Tabac stick and a puck into a empty Stirling plastic container. Have the extra Tabac puck still in the box. I have another empty container that I cut about 6 ounces off of the kilo and put it into that. I also took two arko sticks and milled them into an arko container. Have one extra stick of Arko. That's the only soaps I have an abundance of. Otherwise some Sterling samples I got free from ordering a tub of Glastonbury and Glacial Electric Sheep. The Glastonbury is almost gone and the Electric Sheep is still new, have used 3 times. One container or PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum which has been used 5 or 6 times. Finally, a tub of Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber. I have used that twice. I feel out of control with this much soap, that is why I am 3017 my soap.

Honestly I have more B&M Omnibus than anything, but factoring in the variety of scents I would say I have the most of Tabac Tallow.

Nothing over the top: 3 bowls, 2 refills, 4 sticks
Probably close to 20 Barrister and Mann, with only duplicates of Leviathan, Reserve Spice, and PV

After "they" told me Williams was NEVER going to be discontinued I learned the first rule of wet shaving: TRUST NO ONE!!!
I now believe this exact same thing! I'm left with about 20 pucks of vintage Williams and 5 pucks of new, plus the one that's currently in my mug. With Arko being my 2nd favorite, I just received a case of 12 to add to the 9 I already had. I realize these are rookie numbers, but I'm not finished yet.

I can feel in my bones that there are cases of Williams somewhere - maybe in some old abandoned store buildings, or warehouses. Perhaps in an abandoned self storage unit... I'm keeping my eyes pealed everywhere I go now.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I now believe this exact same thing! I'm left with about 20 pucks of vintage Williams and 5 pucks of new, plus the one that's currently in my mug. With Arko being my 2nd favorite, I just received a case of 12 to add to the 9 I already had. I realize these are rookie numbers, but I'm not finished yet.

I can feel in my bones that there are cases of Williams somewhere - maybe in some old abandoned store buildings, or warehouses. Perhaps in an abandoned self storage unit... I'm keeping my eyes pealed everywhere I go now.
I am SO mad I didn't buy Williams more often.

I try not to hoard anything, but a few months ago Stirling announced they were going to stop making mutton tallow soaps. I’m a huge fan of Varen so I picked up an extra tub even though I still had one 3/4 full. Stirling resumed regular production very shortly after, and now I have enough Varen on hand for probably 5 years. I shave every other day and rotate with a few other soaps.

I guess you could call me a hoarder of soaps. I have a collection of over 200. They were accumulated over about 7 years in my pursuit of the best soaps available. Over the years, artisans developed new and better formulations and I was compelled to try them. As a result, my shaves have become far more comfortable.

I have 24 Grooming Dept soaps
I have 15 Ariana & Evans soaps
I have 12 Barrister & Mann soaps
I have 12 Wholly Kaw soaps

Those four artisans represent 63 soaps or about 30% of my collection. Although the older formulations from these artisans are excellent, the latest are superb.

There are a few other artisans who are not as highly represented in my collection, but their current products are superb. They include:

Ethos Grooming Essentials
Declaration Grooming
House of Mammoth
Oaken Lab
Zingari Man

To be transparent, I serve as a product tester for Grooming Dept. In addition to the 24 soaps I counted, I have a few samples that were sent to me for testing purposes. I paid full retail price for the 24 soaps in my collection.

Quite the collection! I'm curious how you became a product tester?

I try not to hoard anything, but a few months ago Stirling announced they were going to stop making mutton tallow soaps. I’m a huge fan of Varen so I picked up an extra tub even though I still had one 3/4 full. Stirling resumed regular production very shortly after, and now I have enough Varen on hand for probably 5 years. I shave every other day and rotate with a few other soaps.
Varen is my favorite from Stirling

1) MWF
2) tallow tabac
3) Stirling in several different scents

One of my favorites is Stirling lemon chill. A little goes a long way. A nice combo is start loading the brush in lemon chill (just a little), then load up with tabac or MWF. Both MWF and tabac are excellent on their own, the lemon adds some kick and is still very potent.

Top Bottom