What's new

Caffeine Clips: Show off your tea/coffee acquisitions ~2011

proxy.php

and

proxy.php

Nice Christmas present. I hope you will share some photos of it in action. Is it a cold drip brew system? Also looks like a press in the middle....but if so why the bottom container.

Yes, it's a cold-brewing dripper made by Hario. Grounds sit on top of that filter/screen and the water flow is controlled by the valve. Something like one drop every second or so.

Cold brewing coffee requires more time to extract compared to using hot water (normal coffee brewing), thus the slow flow resulting in a long extraction time.

Another way is combining grounds and water in a container and letting it sit for ~12 hours or so. Here is a good step-by-step for that:

http://www.bluebottlecoffee.net/coffee/preparation-guide/new-orleans-style-iced-coffee/

On the plus side, there is plenty of time to extract all that yummy caffeine...

Ben Shan Green Clay "Qing Quan" Yixing teapot 150ml
(JAS-eTea.com lists 170ml in the name, but 150ml in the description - the latter is correct)

I was mildly concerned about the lid design, with the hole being below an opening too small for my finger, and being able to stop the flow. I won't often need to, but I've tested it, and if I just pinch the opening, it stops.

Last edited:
Some Matcha ware. Today's the first photo-worthy froth I've managed (and it's still only so-so). The flavor really came out in this bowl; two scoops, ~75ml water, whisk, little more water, whisk. Yum!

For the less-frothy Japanese greens (and, well, other stuff I suppose). The iPhone camera had trouble exposing this properly, as you can tell.

Actually received these for Christmas, but I didn't start using them until this year....

Bodum De Chine 34oz. / 1.0L tea pot w/ stainless steel infuser
proxy.php

2 Bodum Assam 7oz. double wall glasses
proxy.php

As a tea noob I find these to be pretty neat as they allow me to easily examine the color of the tea, particularly while it is steeping.

Just picked up this little grinder at the local antique shop yesterday for $28 but I can't find any markings on it other than the Pe De decal on the front so I'm wondering if it is authentic, any opinions...View attachment 144813 -Blade Boy:confused1

Top Bottom