What's new

Caffeine Clips: Show off your tea/coffee acquisitions ~2011

Went to the local Asian market with my wife last night to get some stuff for dinner and came across this little deal for $6...looking forward to giving it a try later today.

Man, I'm just dominating this thread...

Both from JAS-eTea, the easy white gaiwan for home, and the nice crackle yellow for work.

Nice looking Gaiwans Josh...:thumbup1:

This thread is worse than some of the shaving related threads....there are so many nice looking toys on this thread that my tea related AD's are in full swing. At least these are easier to justify as my wife enjoys tea as well. :thumbup1:

Nice stuff Josh, I picked up that easy gaiwan for my cousin a while back. It's a pleasure to use.

Some pu arrived today, a few bricks, a mushroom and some cooked loose pu not in the pic:
proxy.php

Last edited:
I am looking forward to trying out the much maligned coffee sock. :w00t: If it doesn't work out for coffee, maybe it will work for tea fannings.
proxy.php

My wife bought some tea awhile back and they threw in a filter sock as a sample...we have yet to bring ourselves to use it.

I haven't tried it with tea, but it does work well for coffee. The material is usually fine enough to allow some fines through, but they tend to get caught in the fabric. It's basically an immersion technique, so you get a good brew. Just mind the cleaning and monitor for any fabric, detergent, or stale or rancid taste.

I finally got a decent coffee grinder, the Baratza Virtuoso.

proxy.php

It was a surprise to me to find it locally, and even a bigger surprise to find it that cheap locally (230$).

The mail carrier delivered this this afternoon. Tried two of the bags. I'm not happy. Fortunately, iced tea season is coming and lemon is just the thing to cure them, though I favor sweet tea. Hopefully the first flush sampler in the tins are better.
proxy.php

The mail carrier delivered this this afternoon. Tried two of the bags. I'm not happy. Fortunately, iced tea season is coming and lemon is just the thing to cure them, though I favor sweet tea. Hopefully the first flush sampler in the tins are better.
proxy.php

Niiice score!

Picked up one of these (Bodum 8 Cup Young Press) a couple weeks ago as I needed and upgrade from my 2 cup press. It has a nice modern look to it and makes a great cup of coffee...actually it makes 8 great cups of coffee....:thumbup1:

proxy.php

proxy.php
Wow, with those scales, that's some pretty precise brewing you've got going on!

I indulged in a Pasquini Livia 90. Let's see if the picture works.

Attachments

• $Pasquini.jpg
    $Pasquini.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 119
Top Bottom