What's new

Buying records

Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Acoustic Sounds, and Music Direct are all reputable. I've ordered from all except Music Direct, but they are very well established.

Amazon. Direct from artist. As stated above, Ravewares has always been awesome for me via Amazon.

Local record stores are your best option. Most decent sized cities have a shop.

Large book stores often have a vinyl section too.

I've had great success with Discogs. Huge selection of new, used and hard to find albums. Find a reputable seller (buyers can give feedback) and you'll be fine.

Bought a few new from Amazon. With one exception, the vinyl was fine.

I've had great success with Discogs. Huge selection of new, used and hard to find albums. Find a reputable seller (buyers can give feedback) and you'll be fine.

Bought a few new from Amazon. With one exception, the vinyl was fine.
The nice thing with Amazon is, if you spin it before 30 days and notice it's warped, scratched or comes with a giant dent in the gatefold (enough to he bothersome) they will exchange it for you, no charge.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I haven't bought any LPs lately but Roundup Records was always a good source. Discogs has helped me find a few things...I listen to stuff on Amazon Prime Music and often end up ordering a hard copy if I enjoy something.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
The musical instrument site Reverb.com has a section for vinyl. I have ordered instruments that went to plan no issues, but no vinyl so I can't comment as to that side of it.

Just an aside, but we gave my 14 year old daughter vinyl versions of the latest Taylor Swift and Harry Styles records and she was over the moon. Her first vinyl, and not likely to be her last.

I still have all my albums including the first one I ever bought. Same with my wife. Every time I go into a store selling records, I am amazed at the prices. I never saw that coming. There is an antique/produce/gem mine place in Bluefield WV that is quickly becoming a record store.

I picked this 4LP set up today for Black Friday RSD from my go-to independent record store.

The Bo Diddley Chess Box 2CD set was my first ever CD purchase back around 1990 when I was 16/17, before I even owned a CD player. I still own it too.

This will be a nice vinyl addition.

PXL_20231124_223811476.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom