What's new

Buying wizamet in 2024

Looking at buying some wizamet shipped to Australia. What are reputable stores that stock them? I looked at a few sites that offer them in large quantity but at checkout it shows No Payment method available and one with only check/money order as payment option.

It's been awhile. Fairly mild, IIRC. I remember liking the Indian 7 O'clock Black quite a lot, but the price has gone through the roof on those.
I was browsing on eBay and I saved an auction to look at later. The seller offered me $60 for a lot of 1000 and I wondered if they were worth buying to PIF to others. Maybe not if most members will find them meh.

I was browsing on eBay and I saved an auction to look at later. The seller offered me $60 for a lot of 1000 and I wondered if they were worth buying to PIF to others. Maybe not if most members will find them meh.

They are OK, but I don't know about getting a thousand. I'd try them first, for sure.

If you want to buy in big quantities, you might like the Dorco Prime Platinum. They are less than the price you were offered.

Perma-Sharp Super or Nacet are a lot cheaper and they are sharper. Gillette Silver Blue are not all that far off from Wizamet. Don't get hung up on unobtanium stuff would be my advice.
Oh ok. I mainly cycled between asco red and nacet but was looking to try some others. A long time ago I tried a perma sharp sample pack and didn't like them. I started on astra sp but they weren't sharp enough but then the feathers would destroy me, until I found the asco red. I've only discovered the nacet in the last few years. My memory is not the best but from memory derby, shark, big ben, wilkinson sword, dorco, bolzano did not work for me.

I need to check what samplers I still have because I'm on a rediscovery journey. I've let the beard run wild the last few years and forgot what worked and what didn't. I used to use two different blades in my 34c and 37c

I do like the Wizamets, it's just harder to find them and much more expensive.

Perma-Sharp in the gold pack are only $10/100 here recently which is very reasonable. If you like Asco, there is also the Lord Silver Star which seem to be some of the best Lord blades.
I will add the silver star's to my list. Thanks

I got mine from this seller on eBay. (They are in Europe, I think. Also, note that is the Australian eBay store.)

Did take an unusually long time to get here. So long that I lodged a Goods Didn't Arrive thing with eBay and got a refund. So of course a few days later they turned up. :001_rolle

I contacted the seller offering to pay but did not hear back. I am guessing they are covered by insurance. Hope so, because I am considering getting more from them, and don't want to be in their bad book.

Lovely blades. :001_smile

Reactions: mkd
Perma-Sharp Super or Nacet are a lot cheaper and they are sharper. Gillette Silver Blue are not all that far off from Wizamet. Don't get hung up on unobtanium stuff would be my advice.

I agree with this. I have the Wizamet's and think they are good blades. But their old price was my limit.

These other blades are just fine as replacements.

Have you tried the Indian Gillette 7 o'clock Permasharp Stainless?

I wasn't overly impressed by the Indian made "Green's". The Indian made "Black's" are my favorite, but they have skyrocketed in price these last couple of years.

I prefer the SharpEdge "Yellows". Used them for the first time last year and I rate them as,a top tier blade.

I got mine from this seller on eBay. (They are in Europe, I think. Also, note that is the Australian eBay store.)

Did take an unusually long time to get here. So long that I lodged a Goods Didn't Arrive thing with eBay and got a refund. So of course a few days later they turned up. :001_rolle

I contacted the seller offering to pay but did not hear back. I am guessing they are covered by insurance. Hope so, because I am considering getting more from them, and don't want to be in their bad book.

Lovely blades. :001_smile

Are they original? Are there wizamet fakes out there?

Top Bottom