What's new

Buying wizamet in 2024

My ebay purchase arrived just over a week in transit from France to Australia.

IMG_2045.jpeg

I have purchased many from wizashave yet their site appears down. Wizamet.com also offers them. I like them and think it’s a good razor to try. Everyone has their favs and these might be yours?

Can you please post a picture of the blade when you open the box? I am a bit concerned if the blades are genuine because this seller has very affordable prices...thnx

The one on the left was provided by a friend who bought them from Razor Emporium. The one on the right is from ebay. They look exactly the same just different production date.

I’m no expert on these blades but unless razor emporium is selling fakes they look to be the same. @ivan_101 thoughts?

IMG_2079.jpeg
IMG_2080.jpeg
IMG_2081.jpeg
IMG_2082.jpeg

The one on the left was provided by a friend who bought them from Razor Emporium. The one on the right is from ebay. They look exactly the same just different production date.

I’m no expert on these blades but unless razor emporium is selling fakes they look to be the same. @ivan_101 thoughts?

View attachment 1796049View attachment 1796050View attachment 1796051View attachment 1796052

I just want to add, these are definitely genuine however, they are not the same blade as the 2019/2020 Wizamet.

These 4 big glue dot Wizamet commenced from 2021 and are slightly less sharp and smooth than the polsilver (discontinued in 2017/18) and the 2019/20 Wizamet.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Super Iridium (I don't know this site) has them: 500 for $85, or .17 a blade. I don't know if anyone can vouch for this vendor.

I just want to add, these are definitely genuine however, they are not the same blade as the 2019/2020 Wizamet.

These 4 big glue dot Wizamet commenced from 2021 and are slightly less sharp and smooth than the polsilver (discontinued in 2017/18) and the 2019/20 Wizamet.
The 4 glue dots were introduced (again) in 2020.
The new Iridiums didn't commence in 2021.
Read here. Iridium -Super (PPI) Old vs. NEW - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/iridium-super-ppi-old-vs-new.643597/

Especially pay attention to post #37 where I have specified the period when the blades were changed. 12/2019 are the old sharper ones. 06/2020 are already the new less sharp blades.

The 4 glue dots were introduced (again) in 2020.
The new Iridiums didn't commence in 2021.
Read here. Iridium -Super (PPI) Old vs. NEW - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/iridium-super-ppi-old-vs-new.643597/

Especially pay attention to post #37 where I have specified the period when the blades were changed. 12/2019 are the old sharper ones. 06/2020 are already the new less sharp blades.

Thanks.
So the change over must have been after May 2020 because my March 2019 and may 2020 are exactly the same, and the glue is near the middle, just like polsilver, instead of the 4 big glue dots.

Thanks.
So the change over must have been after May 2020 because my March 2019 and may 2020 are exactly the same, and the glue is near the middle, just like polsilver, instead of the 4 big glue dots.
I believe the 4 dots were reintroduced sometime in late 2020.
If your 05/2020 blades are the old ones, that means they changed them in 06/2020.

• Cheers
Reactions: nav
I found several years ago that the Wizamets were the best blade for me in several different razors, and still are excellent in the razors I’ve changed to in the last year or so (progressively more aggressive). I bought what should be more than enough to last me a lifetime even if I beat the actuarial tables substantially. The way things usually go for me, I’ll find something better in the near future.😁😁
Jack

I got mine from this seller on eBay. (They are in Europe, I think. Also, note that is the Australian eBay store.)

If the dollar prices are as displayed now, it is not worth buying from this Australian store on Ebay.
Better to buy them from the French seller ,where the prices are high anyway.
250 blades cost 29€, 500 blades about 50€ unfortunately the prices are those, elsewhere I have seen the new productions of Wizamet blades but few packages at a price in relation higher.
Without forgetting that on Amazon theoretically you are on the safe side and there is no risk of buying fakes unlike other sites where you have to be very careful.

Top Bottom