What's new

Bunkie board scam?

Yeah, but that's a couple or three hours out of your day measuring and planning, driving around to stores, doing the work. Plus gas. Plus the cost of the stuff you didn't get done while taking care of this. And maybe you already own all the tools you need, but most of us would have to rent or buy a saw, sanding supplies, etc.

You're not paying for just the board, you're paying for someone taking care of all all the work for you.

A trip less than a mile to Lowes, pop 4 chalk lines, 4 cuts, electric sander, spread fabric & padding, staple gun, $80 and 45min. $80 saved.

I wish everyone could learn self reliance as I did. Where I am from, most 14 year olds could pull that little project off.

A trip less than a mile to Lowes, pop 4 chalk lines, 4 cuts, electric sander, spread fabric & padding, staple gun, $80 and 45min. $80 saved.

I wish everyone could learn self reliance as I did. Where I am from, most 14 year olds could pull that little project off.

I kinda feel the same way. What is the fabric and padding for? Isn't this just to help support the mattress?

Scam involves lying or cheating somehow.
Offering a product for a high price is just business.

And representing a plain piece of board as a thin version of a box spring is a scam. Had they EVER represented it truthfully, I would never have bought it.

Misrepresentation/obfuscation = scam/rip off

And representing a plain piece of board as a thin version of a box spring is a scam. Had they EVER represented it truthfully, I would never have bought it.

Misrepresentation/obfuscation = scam/rip off

OK, I'm obviously confused now! :biggrin1:

They sold it to you as a bunkie board, which you expected to be a sheet of fabric covered plywood (and were disappointed when it was fiberboard.) When did it being a box spring come into the conversation? That's the first time you've mentioned that - what were your expectations for $80?

OK, I'm obviously confused now! :biggrin1:

They sold it to you as a bunkie board, which you expected to be a sheet of fabric covered plywood (and were disappointed when it was fiberboard.) When did it being a box spring come into the conversation? That's the first time you've mentioned that - what were your expectations for $80?

It was explained to us that we could have chose the standard rails, in which one would purchase a standard box spring, or the Captain's bed with drawers underneath, in which case you would choose a junkie(only fitting that spellcheck changed that for me just now) bunkie board so the bed wouldn't sit too high.

I say "Bunkie board? I've never heard of that, what does it look like." Almost direct quote "well, err... we don't have one on display, but it is a thin version of a box spring". What they should have said is "It is a plain :censored: :censored: :censored: minimally finished board, not covered in cloth or padded or having rounded corners, or finished sides!"

Only when I have to sign the delivery slip do I see 2x $79 Bunkie Board charges.

So yes, it was in fact sold as a box spring replacement option, and yes, the true nature of the piece was obscured even after inquiry.

What I want fellow B&B members to know, is that this is a scam to look out for. Don't let them rip you off if you can cut your own plywood.

Top Bottom