What's new

Mitchell Leather Custom Briefcase Review (In Depth Picture/Link Heavy)

P

psrivats

Great review ... I just heard of Mitchell Leather and this (and Joel's review are the ones that came up on google). The bag looks simply fantastic!

Can you tell us how heavy the bag is when it is empty?

I just returned from a month long vacation and had the Mitchell in tow all the way. It looks every bit as nice as the day I got it and it was a total pleasure to carry. I'm not sure which got more questions/comments my Mitchell Custom or my B&B LE watch.

Awsome bag. I was drooling over it when I first read Joel's review of it, now I'm frothing at the mouth. Thanks for feeding the AD.

:lol::lol: Its what we do around here! :lol::lol:

If I'm looking for a case in the future i know where to go. Thank You.

You can't go wrong with Mitchell.

I'm jealous - that thing is a BEEEEAUTY Rob!

You introduced the AD and I fed it. I have to admit I am beyond satisfied and have absolutely no desire to have ANY other bag, case, attache etc...

Great review ... I just heard of Mitchell Leather and this (and Joel's review are the ones that came up on google). The bag looks simply fantastic!

Can you tell us how heavy the bag is when it is empty?

No problem, it is just a hair over 5lbs with the shoulder strap.

Last edited:
After carrying this thing for so long I can tell you it looks as good as the day I received it. I can haul a ton of stuff comfortably and it turns heads everywhere I go!

I have their website bookmarked and look forward to buying one of their briefcases when my current one give out!

You'll love it. Their customer service is unbelievable. I've spoken with Dave Mitchell at odd hours and even when he was out to dinner (I live in Japan) and he was always friendly and helpful.

W

WouldChux

Sorry to reply to such an old thread. I hope SRock is still reading.

How heavy is this bag? I don't want something that is going to kill my back, but I want something better made than what I'm finding in stores.

Also, it looks kind of huge in your pictures holding it. Is it as big as it looks? Will it fit under an airline seat?

Thanks for the great write-up.

WouldChux - I don't know how much it weighs empty, but the bag does have some heft to it. Definitely less than 8 lbs though. I've got two mitchell bags (one off the shelf, and one custom), both of which are light weight (heavier than nylon and cordura bags). The bag is "large" as compared to some other briefcases I've seen in stores, but the size you see is probably due to the weight of the contents. When this bag sits on the ground, it will fit under an airline seat.

If you want something unique, consider looking at the different types of leathers (i.e. pull up, chromexel, cordovan accents) he offers.

Good luck!

- Just J

Now that you have had the Mitchell Classic Briefcase for a while, could you do another review? Possibly a video review on YouTube and post the link in this thread?

Top Bottom