What's new

Brut - An aftershave Faux Pas??

Just the regular cologne then? Smells the same as the aftershave right? Wasn't sure if you were maybe referring to the blue or black.

Never had Paco Rabanne, so don't know how the compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure about the versions sold in USA and Australia, but I find that the European Splash On isn't as strong as the Aftershave, also the Aftershave has a slightly sweeter scent

Brut is pretty awesome. I buy the large bottle of Cologne from Walmart for $5.00 (Canadian no less). This and Aqua Velva Musk and Original Sport and straight from India Old Spice make up my aftershave line up. I used to use Pinaud Bay Rum and just got a bottle of Clubman. We will see if they stick around.

Anyone remember the Eddie Murphy bit from his first album?

Talking about getting Brut for his dad for Christmas

"... your Father would come downstairs and you would say 'Here's yours Daddy!' There's just one box, and every kid in the house's name is on the card. 'Hey thanks a lot!' ... Open it up, and he would say 'Brut. By Fabergé. Thank you" (then curses them under his breath for being so cheap) :biggrin:

I use the splash on lotion by with an atomiser. I also add some menthol crystals to it. A very refreshing wake up call on humid day. Like old Henry would say to a young Kevin Keegan ”splash it all over".

Thinking about trying the cologne after reading this thread.

I also use an atomizer with the splash, but I've added vetiver EO. It makes for a richer Brut experience. I don't use it fequently, however, as the wife does not like the scent (it was very popular when we were in high school).

I pull the bottle out and use it every couple of months. At that point I remember why I don't use it and put it away. Its a bit too sweet smelling to me.

A new purchase of the Brut aftershave has the same top note as I remember, but the base note has this oatmeal smell to me that I just can't get past. Used about 3/4 of the bottle and dumped the rest.
Kinda sad - I remember Brut being an A/S that I liked as a teenager.

I'm old enough to remember before there was Brut there was Jade East. The fragrance is nearly identical if not identical. When Brut came in, Jade East disappeared from the marketplace.

I really like Brut. I have found that the ladies really like it too, but the men don't. If I'm going to be around men, I don't wear it. My late wife liked it, but sometimes asked me not to wear it. She didn't want me attracting other ladies.

I'm old enough to remember before there was Brut there was Jade East. The fragrance is nearly identical if not identical.

Not identical, but some very similar notes. In fact, I find that if you mix Skin Bracer with Brut, you do, in fact get something very close to Jade East and Hai Karate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man, I got excited for a second. I thought you were saying you bought the large 26.5oz bottle!

I keep the 26.5oz bottle of Brut cologne on my desk at work. Most people don't know what it is, but the occasional old-timer immediately starts laughing when he sees it...

Top Bottom