What's new

Brut - An aftershave Faux Pas??

I keep the 26.5oz bottle of Brut cologne on my desk at work. Most people don't know what it is, but the occasional old-timer immediately starts laughing when he sees it...

Awesome. I want to get one so I can take some side by side pics with my mini bottle...
proxy.php

Plus it'll go with the rest of my oversized shaving collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_0094.JPG
IMG_0097.JPG
Awesome. I want to get one so I can take some side by side pics with my mini bottle...
proxy.php

Plus it'll go with the rest of my oversized shaving collection.

Note that the Brut jug is sitting next to a 100ml bottle of Pashana...

I paid $25 for my jug about a year ago. No need to rush in, as the price appears stable. I also paid $25 for each of my 6oz bottles of vintage Brut Faberge "Lotion" from long in the past. I love the 26oz jug of modern cologne, but the vintage Faberge bottles are each even better. Paired with MdC Fougere, it provides one of my best shaving experiences.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Brut used to be recommended here all the time. These things wax and wane. I tried Brut and didn't much care for it. It smelled alright, but gave me a headache. Oh well.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Not identical, but some very similar notes. In fact, I find that if you mix Skin Bracer with Brut, you do, in fact get something very close to Jade East and Hai Karate.

This I must try!

I've used Brut splash-on every work morning for about the last 3-4 months. No compliments, but no complaints so it can't be that bad.

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the giant 25oz bottle at some point. It'd definitely be a conversation starter for my guest bathroom. That and I've heard that the big bottle is better than any other Brut on the market right now.

Let he who is without sin cast the first rock, and we shall smoketh it

Brut doesn't get much mention around these here parts, and this thread reminded me of a recent visit to what's laughingly called the "Men's Shaving" section at the local Shoppers Dope Mart. There, beside the Aqua Velva, were a couple bottles of Brut. I considered picking up one, but I was there for a bottle of Aqua Velva Musk...restraint, y'know.
I haven't used Brut in probably forty years, when I was fifteen and was gifted a bottle at Christmas. Dad put a bottle in my stocking thinking this was what all the kids were splashing on, an assumption likely based on the tv ads. He likely figured an old man's aftershave like his Old Spice or Aqua Velva wouldn't be "cool" (could've been worse...Hai Karate was also heavily advertised on tv around the same time!). Of course I now have Old Spice and Aqua Velva in my meagre den. Restraint be damned, the next time I'm at Shoppers Dope, I'll get a bottle of Brut.
By the way, I had to Google "Henry Cooper" to refresh my memory. Oh yeah, that guy...

IMG_0088.JPG

Top Bottom