What's new

Brotherhood of Unscented Gentlemen Shavers

Give the SC stuff a try. I really like splash's before applying balm. I wish I could convince SC to make their splash in Integrity but they need more folks to ask for it. Their balm with and without menthol is wonderful.
I'm sure you are aware that Stirling makes their unscented as with menthol. I think the "glacier" has more menthol than Snakebite. I have a bottle of both, with and without menthol. I really do like them both.
Let us know how your home brew as turns out. Excited to hear your results.

I plan on trying SC at some point. I'll let you guys know how it comes out for sure when I do it. It will be a little while though. I'm only on the witch hazel for this month.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Picked up an orphan from Rudy Vey with a Maggards Synthetic in it. Should help me in my quest to eliminate allergens. This will be my second synth.
proxy.php

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

KeenDogg

Simple and sharp. I'm a huge fan of synthetics.
Thanks, Ralph. Do you own a few? If so, do you find any difference in how they splay?
I think this model was crafted after the Ever Ready C40. At least that's what I see. It looks very comfortable, cant wait to get it. Got a great deal on it. Rudy had someone back out on it.

I have way too many brushes (as most of us probably do). I have never had good luck with badger so I gave all my badgers to a friend. I have a pen full of boar still but they all just sit on a shelf. I have synthetics from Razorock, H.I.S., Stirling, Muhle, and my current favorite... Elite. I have settled on the Plisson style brushes. It is probably important that I use a scuttle (even when I travel) so I mostly paint the later on my face. I do a counter clockwise rotation to lay the foundation on my face before I start the painting application. I do have some other synth knots but the Plisson style have turned into my favorites. (I hope that's what you were asking :) )

KeenDogg

I have way too many brushes (as most of us probably do). I have never had good luck with badger so I gave all my badgers to a friend. I have a pen full of boar still but they all just sit on a shelf. I have synthetics from Razorock, H.I.S., Stirling, Muhle, and my current favorite... Elite. I have settled on the Plisson style brushes. It is probably important that I use a scuttle (even when I travel) so I mostly paint the later on my face. I do a counter clockwise rotation to lay the foundation on my face before I start the painting application. I do have some other synth knots but the Plisson style have turned into my favorites. (I hope that's what you were asking :) )
I guess my issue is that on my tuxedo knot, it feels bouncy in the center, like I'm poking myself with a hard string of spaghetti! Haha. I kid, I kid. It's not that bad. I guess I'll just wait and see how this one arrives. It could be I'm just too ham fisted when I lather.

I guess my issue is that on my tuxedo knot, it feels bouncy in the center, like I'm poking myself with a hard string of spaghetti! Haha. I kid, I kid. It's not that bad. I guess I'll just wait and see how this one arrives. It could be I'm just too ham fisted when I lather.

I used to have that issue until I tried the Stirling brush. Then I went to Muhle (too expensive and not really needed). Then I decided to have a brush custom made from Elite and had him use one of his Plisson Style knots. For the time being, that's my go to brush.

Picked up an orphan from Rudy Vey with a Maggards Synthetic in it. Should help me in my quest to eliminate allergens. This will be my second synth.
proxy.php

Very nice.

I've been using an Omega boar that's always loaded now. I have to admit, I don't hate synthetics but I do prefer boar or badger.

I've been forgetting the thread, I'm in such a routine now. Same soap and brush every day with witch hazel.
But my face is doing pretty good. I keep telling myself it's time to try out a few new soaps or a light aftershave but I can't bring myself to it yet. LOL

How's everything with you guys ?

I was just thinking about this group this morning. I have to admit, I have been kind of busy on another thread lately, here. This really has been my focus for the last few weeks. I can't wait to get started. As for soaps and such, I fall into the same pattern as Ribeye. Hope fully someone will come up with something new to suggest. I've just gotten to soap, alum, and a balm. I'm so boring :a36:

KeenDogg

I think that's our problem. Unscented is boring. I'm thinking of getting an offering from Stirling soon. I love Mike's Natural but it may be too much for summer in the aspect of clogging my pores.

I think that's our problem. Unscented is boring. I'm thinking of getting an offering from Stirling soon. I love Mike's Natural but it may be too much for summer in the aspect of clogging my pores.

Unscented may be boring but I certainly am not :001_tt2:
If you haven't tried Soap Commander's Integrity, you might want to think about it. I love the Stirling Unscented w/ Beeswax, but I reach for the Soap Commander more often.

KeenDogg

Unscented may be boring but I certainly am not :001_tt2:
If you haven't tried Soap Commander's Integrity, you might want to think about it. I love the Stirling Unscented w/ Beeswax, but I reach for the Soap Commander more often.
Thanks, Ralph. Will consider it.

I don't get any type of reactions or allergies so I still use scented soaps once in a while usually just the ones with a few essential oils but for the most part I use the unscented with Eucerin or a CeraVe as my aftershave. The ones I've been using recently are:

Noble Otter Bare
Oleo Soapworks Canaan
Stirling Naked & Smooth along with the Sheep
Wickham and The Chiseled Face Pine Tar (not quite unscented but not a fragrance either)

It was a little odd at first using a moisturizer in place of a nice splash but a cold water rinse and some cream on the wet skin seems to work well for me at least. I have actually had people I know casually comment that my skin looked good and even the dermatologist made a comment during a follow up appointment on Monday. I didn't know Catie's Bubbles came unscented as I've never seen it here. There not talked about much anymore some may give it a slight fault for it's water band but I don't think there shouldn't be much issue with the slickness as it's still one of the best.

For those of you who are interested...I have discovered a great unscented ASB. Henri et Victoria. Absolutely no scent...and great post-shave feel. Absorbs well. not greasy.

KeenDogg

I don't get any type of reactions or allergies so I still use scented soaps once in a while usually just the ones with a few essential oils but for the most part I use the unscented with Eucerin or a CeraVe as my aftershave. The ones I've been using recently are:

Noble Otter Bare
Oleo Soapworks Canaan
Stirling Naked & Smooth along with the Sheep
Wickham and The Chiseled Face Pine Tar (not quite unscented but not a fragrance either)

It was a little odd at first using a moisturizer in place of a nice splash but a cold water rinse and some cream on the wet skin seems to work well for me at least. I have actually had people I know casually comment that my skin looked good and even the dermatologist made a comment during a follow up appointment on Monday. I didn't know Catie's Bubbles came unscented as I've never seen it here. There not talked about much anymore some may give it a slight fault for it's water band but I don't think there shouldn't be much issue with the slickness as it's still one of the best.
Thanks for the list. Its nice to see these options. I use Cera Ve daily and it works great.

KeenDogg

For those of you who are interested...I have discovered a great unscented ASB. Henri et Victoria. Absolutely no scent...and great post-shave feel. Absorbs well. not greasy.
Thanks! Will look them up later!

KeenDogg

Well, I went to the allergist today. Contact dermatitis. Just have to stay away from what bothers me. He said theres no real test that could help me. He said I may have reoccurrences forever or they may go away on their own. I don't have a true allergy, which is good. I just gotta live with it! So yeah! [emoji1787]

KeenDogg

KeenDogg is there any chance that the Chiseled Face Pine could help sooth something like that?
Yeah, maybe. Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the Nivea sensitive cream Friday. Lit me up! I had to take Benydryl. It's weird, U can use the same balm just fine. I think it's time to read their labels and compare.

Alright fellas, I need some help finding a soap for travel. I reached out to Soap Commander and they won't be doing any travel sized stuff so I need to find an unscented soap to travel with. I need to find a 3 oz size container of soap. This has nothing to do with TSA regs since solids are not restricted. It is all about size and room in my Dopp kit/suitcase. All of Soap Commanders limited edition soaps come in a 3 oz plastic tin and that is a perfect compromise size for travel but they all have fragrances. Stirling soaps are all in 5.8 oz tins and I find them to be too big. Has anyone run across anything? I guess next on my agenda to figure out how to do, is making a shave soap. I have way too many hobbies!

Top Bottom