What's new

Brief return to the bad old days...

I had a very early Saturday morning (needed to leave the house by 5:00am), for an event where I needed a SAS, so I grabbed a can of goo and a Gillette disposable for a 5-minute shave. It was AWFUL!
From here on out, it's either make time for a proper shave, or don't shave at all.

-Old P.

LOL, that's funny. You're officially ruined from using commercial, mass-marketed shaving products.

Occasionally, I've reached for an old can of Barbasol and am amazed at how thin the lather is. I find myself asking why I didn't just face lather with a shave stick or go for a quickly building a C.O. Bigelow lather in my face with my fingertips (not a bad lather, actually).

I went backto carts for a period this spring. I even used a little canned Barbasol, although mostly used Williams and VDH. My experience was that the older twin-bladed carts and single bladed disposables were much kinder to my face than the 3-6 bladed modern monsters. The canned goo was functional, although not as slick as the soap.

The funny thing is, 8 months ago I would have thought it was a perfectly adequate shave, and never given it a second thought.

OP

The funny thing is, 8 months ago I would have thought it was a perfectly adequate shave, and never given it a second thought.
I new for years that my shaves were lousy and uncomfortable, but just accepted it as something I needed to accept due to uncooperative facial hair.

This morning started with a couple of extra visits to the snooze button for me. Instead of reaching for the can and carts I cut corners at a couple of other places in my morning routine and face lathered for a quick two pass shave. I really can't do much better timewise with goo, and certainly can knock out a CCS easier and faster with my DE than I can with 3+ bladed carts.

Top Bottom