What's new

Blackland Era

I watched most of the video yesterday. Excellent innovation on Blackland‘s part. I think Shane made a good decision to use his exclusive rights to make affordable but premium razors rather than launching a super expensive gimmicky one made by a new process. Looking forward to seeing (and maybe using) the new product! I hope it’s a big success.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
The Blackland Era is special in a lot of ways. The process of design and manufacturing the price point are groundbreaking in the wet shaving world. I am looking forward to hear how it shaves.

Well done Shane.

Anyone know if the black finish is due to the raw materials or does it go through some process after sintering?

The finish is applied after sintering. The parts basically look like MIM parts (Rockwell 6S) and then we finish them black.

Hopefully this thread doesn’t get moved to “shopping” like the other era threads. I can’t wait to get this razor.

Yea I completely agree. It’s not clear to me what the DE razors forum is for if not to discuss new DE razors.

I'll buy one. Anyone know when it goes on sale?

Expecting a May release. It will be a soft launch and production will be increased in tiers over a couple months. By month three or four we’ll be at full force and able to meet basically any level of demand.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The finish is applied after sintering. The parts basically look like MIM parts (Rockwell 6S) and then we finish them black.

Yea I completely agree. It’s not clear to me what the DE razors forum is for if not to discuss new DE razors.

Expecting a May release. It will be a soft launch and production will be increased in tiers over a couple months. By month three or four we’ll be at full force and able to meet basically any level of demand.
Please put me on the list. :)

Top Bottom