What's new

Blackland Brotherhood - B³

I’m flying home tomorrow morning and will be greeted with a new Ti Osprey and a new baseplate for my Vector. I ran an electric for the last 9 days and my face will appreciate the reprieve from that coarse cutting monstrosity. A weed whacker may have yielded better results. My next DE or SE shave will be a Godsend. My biggest hurdle now is deciding which soap, blade, and brush will used. I welcome this conundrum. :)

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
IMG_5502.jpeg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Friday 20240503
Blackland Brotherhood
20240502_163345~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB (Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline P (3 shaves, 6 passes)
Brush: AP Shave Co Lemon Drop (AP Shave Co 24mm G5C Fan)
Bowl: n/a
Lather: ARKO
Aftershave: Old Spice Original

Same kit as Wednesday and Thursday. Same outstanding performance and results.

Superb shave!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Sunday 20240505
Blackland Brotherhood
20240505_170829~3.jpg

Blade: Schick Proline P (5 shaves, 10 passes)
Brush: Rudy Vey 2022 B&B Contributors Brush (Mühle 25mm STF)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Taconic Shave Bay Rum Cream
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum

Superb shave!

Additional notes are in My Journal.

The Vector is making life difficult for me in the best possible way. I have many DE razors I love, but none of them compare to it. More and more I’m finding I only use them out of some self-imposed obligation. The reality is they are all just part of a collection to be looked at, played with and used for novelty (and that’s ok). I could lose all of them for the Vector and a couple of packs of different AC blades and the average quality of my shaves would improve. I currently have around 15 razors that see use and the Vector makes up 25% of that use. That number is only going to increase.
IMG_8812.jpeg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The Vector is making life difficult for me in the best possible way. I have many DE razors I love, but none of them compare to it. More and more I’m finding I only use them out of some self-imposed obligation. The reality is they are all just part of a collection to be looked at, played with and used for novelty (and that’s ok). I could lose all of them for the Vector and a couple of packs of different AC blades and the average quality of my shaves would improve. I currently have around 15 razors that see use and the Vector makes up 25% of that use. That number is only going to increase.View attachment 1841727
Yup.....I know exactly what you mean. ;)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Monday 20240506
Blackland Brotherhood
20240502_163406~2.jpg

Blade: Schick Proline P (6 shaves, 12 passes)
20240505_170829~3.jpg

Brush: Rudy Vey 2022 B&B Contributors Brush (Mühle 25mm STF)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Taconic Shave Bay Rum Cream
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum

Used the same kit from 5/5 again today! This kit provides an exceptionally comfortable and satisfying shaving experience with superb top tier results in all respects! :001_wub:

Superb shave!

The Era is one of the few DE razors in my collection with a truly useful purpose. I have several plates, but I think it stands out with the 2 OC. It's very mild but very efficient and comfortable - perfect for the days I give my face a break. I've seen some complaints that the blade posts on the top cap have too much wiggle room, but I actually use this to my advantage. I like to slide the blade to one side as far as possible so that the exposure is greater on that side. In effect, I have an Era with 3 on one side and 2 SB on the other. That is probably overstating it, but I find it useful to think of that way. First pass with the 3, followed by a second with the 2. Of course, with a Kai, it bumps it a bit beyond that, and Bics tone it down, so it is fairly flexible. Factor in all the other plates and its “adjustability” is impressive.
IMG_8857.jpeg

Top Bottom