What's new

Birth year razor help

Graydog

Biblical Innards
You know I just realized that your "C" Gillette
Code is the same as my "C" date code ......mine is for 1957 - 3 quarter :) I can send you one of my "C" razors .:)

You know I just realized that your "C" Gillette
Code is the same as my "C" date code ......mine is for 1957 - 3 quarter :) I can send you one of my "C" razors .:)

Sounds good.

Not at a competitive price; also I am on a sabbatical this year.

I'm sure you will find one. I just think since on your SOAD you always have a fly lure you have to have a brush with a fly lure in it.

I'm a X-2 '77, first tear of the plastic baseplate. I too was reluctant of the plastic, but found a '79 in the wild. The plastic is more like Bakelite, very hard, no flex or issues from it. It's the long handle that keeps me from worrying about finding my birth year Black Beauty. If you like (or don't mind) long handles go head and get one with no worries. Or get a Supper Speed, that's what I plan to do. I'm in no hurry though, still hopping to just turn one up in the wild.

I'm a X-2 '77, first tear of the plastic baseplate. I too was reluctant of the plastic, but found a '79 in the wild. The plastic is more like Bakelite, very hard, no flex or issues from it. It's the long handle that keeps me from worrying about finding my birth year Black Beauty. If you like (or don't mind) long handles go head and get one with no worries. Or get a Supper Speed, that's what I plan to do. I'm in no hurry though, still hopping to just turn one up in the wild.

I prefer long handles. So I think I will get the black beauty when I get working again. I also want the superspeed. And of course the Avon brush mug set.

The bay has the black beauty from 3rd quarter but how well does it shave having the plastic base.

I have both the metal and the plastic base Black Beauty’s. Both are fine. I actually use the plastic one more. The only difference I notice is that the plastic one is slightly lighter. Don’t be concerned about quality of shave. Either does a great job, at least for me.

I prefer long handles. So I think I will get the black beauty when I get working again. I also want the superspeed. And of course the Avon brush mug set.

Hope it works for you! Maybe I'd like a short handle black beauty, but I found the long handled one I tried too top heavy and eventually sold it.

Good to know. I can get a birth year and quarter black beauty.

Also did you ever find a brush with a fly lure in the handle.
The bay has the black beauty from 3rd quarter but how well does it shave having the plastic base. I can't remember the other one. Someone on here stated there are a couple models. I also found on the bay and Etsy Avon made a brush mug and soap in 82. I've only seen one mug with the soap still. There is also an Avon aftershave made in 82. Just gonna have to keep an eye on it and when I can afford them I will buy them all.
The Black Beauty is a tremendous razor. I have an older one with the metal base plate, but I doubt it makes much difference except in weight. If I had to shave with one razor for the rest of my life it would be my Super 109. That being said, I have a birth year Super Speed (1985), so they should have one for your year.

According to the internet they have the superspeed and the black beauty. I want both. I also want any other razor made in 82. Non Gillette i don't care.

According to the internet they have the superspeed and the black beauty. I want both. I also want any other razor made in 82. Non Gillette i don't care.
It’s quite possible that one of our fellow members has one or both of the razors you are looking for. Maybe post a WTB in the Marketplace section?

It’s quite possible that one of our fellow members has one or both of the razors you are looking for. Maybe post a WTB in the Marketplace section?

Just posted a trade since I really need some synthetic whetstone's really bad. Will have to wait a while then see what I can trade since I don't have money anymore until I get working again.

That's the hard part I'm sure Gillette wasn't the only company to make safety razors in 82. I would love to get all the brands. Just seems like really all you see is Gillette for sale.

That's the hard part I'm sure Gillette wasn't the only company to make safety razors in 82. I would love to get all the brands. Just seems like really all you see is Gillette for sale.
Might be worth checking out EBay UK Ebay Australia, etc.etc..Gillette will be the main brand here in the U.S..

Top Bottom