What's new

Birth year razor help

I was born in 82. I really want birth year razors and quarter. On the bay they have a c3 black beauty. I don't like that it has plastic base plate but I know eventually I will buy one. What razors were made in 82 3rd quarter if that is available. I'm not necessarily looking for Gillette. I just want a nice birth year razor. Ideally I would love to have a DE a SE and a straight. But I also want to get my hands on every model I can from 82.

On a side note is there any way to find a straight that was made in 82?

You are only as old as you feel.

I really want at least one razor by my birthday. I want to use it on my birthday. I've seen an Avon brush and mug set from 1982. So that is another thing I'm going to work on. All I would need to complete a birth year birthday shave after razor brush and mug is to find a good soap from 1982 and an after shave from 1982. I don't even know if that is possible.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
You never know. The universe might line up and everything might just fall into place for you. I hope that it does.

I wrote into another shave forum looking for the same advice about a birth year razor and the sent back there was only three options see photo below .

thC8TFYWQA.jpg

I was born in 82. I really want birth year razors and quarter. On the bay they have a c3 black beauty. I don't like that it has plastic base plate but I know eventually I will buy one. What razors were made in 82 3rd quarter if that is available. I'm not necessarily looking for Gillette. I just want a nice birth year razor. Ideally I would love to have a DE a SE and a straight. But I also want to get my hands on every model I can from 82.

On a side note is there any way to find a straight that was made in 82?

At least the black beauty should be a great shaver! :a14::a14:

AFAIK only Gillette marked the year and quarter of production on their razors. To find a SE and Straight from 82 will a bit more difficult to verify, but someone here may know a way. Good luck in your hunt.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Yes it will help you see what is and what's not
available for 1982 with Gillette anyway. What I did was buy my Mother and Father's birth year
They made much nicer Razors in their era
I do have a few from my birth year, I was born in the late 50s and there are a few that I had to get .

Nice. I do want to get some razors from my parents birth year. I have a NOS tech from my fiance's birth year and quarter. Got it for 8 bucks shipped. It's the really short handle tech. It doesn't seem like much was made for my birth year. Guess safety razors were on the decline when I was bored.

That is the point and your quest may not be fruitful. Better to get a DE razor from the halcyon days.

The bay has the black beauty from 3rd quarter but how well does it shave having the plastic base. I can't remember the other one. Someone on here stated there are a couple models. I also found on the bay and Etsy Avon made a brush mug and soap in 82. I've only seen one mug with the soap still. There is also an Avon aftershave made in 82. Just gonna have to keep an eye on it and when I can afford them I will buy them all.

I am going to try my best to get the razor brush mug and aftershave before Sept 4th so on my bday I can shave with them. I came to the conclusion that if I'm able to get all of that before my bday I will use Williams soap since I'm sure it was produced in 82.

The bay has the black beauty from 3rd quarter but how well does it shave having the plastic base.
The base is immaterial, the head holds the blade. I hear they are good shavers. I think there was a choice of short or long handles in the black beauty.

The base is immaterial, the head holds the blade. I hear they are good shavers. I think there was a choice of short or long handles in the black beauty.

Good to know. I can get a birth year and quarter black beauty.

Also did you ever find a brush with a fly lure in the handle.

Top Bottom