What's new

Bible Verses that impact YOU

“The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up. Then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field. (.Matthew‬ .13‬:.44‬ ESV)

The word that really hits me in this verse is joy. In his joy he goes and sells everything he has to buy that field. God's Kingdom and knowing Christ is worth more than anything else we can imagine!

“The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up. Then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field. (.Matthew‬ .13‬:.44‬ ESV)

The word that really hits me in this verse is joy. In his joy he goes and sells everything he has to buy that field. God's Kingdom and knowing Christ is worth more than anything else we can imagine!

Amen, brother.

But when (Jesus) heard it, he said, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. Go and learn what this means, 'I desire mercy, and not sacrifice.' For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners."
(Matthew 9:12-13)

Render unto Caesar...

I am reminded of it every April. Actually, I consider that one of the most important verses as it made possible the eventual end of theocratic government in Western Civilization.

Isiah 4:5-6
5 And the Lord will create upon every dwelling place of mount Zion, and upon her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day, and the shining of a flaming fire by night: for upon all the glory shall be a defence.
6 And there shall be a tabernacle for a shadow in the daytime from the heat, and for a place of refuge, and for a covert from storm and from rain.

Isiah 52:7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!

Romans 8:28
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

It doesn't say we will always UNDERSTAND right away or even at all during this life how it is for our good. This passage has been a comfort to me and my wife when we contemplate things we don't understand.

Psalm 127:2
"In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat — for he grants sleep to those he loves."

I always imagine that I'm going to sleep for the first 10,000 years of heaven to catch up. :lol:

Romans 8:28
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

It doesn't say we will always UNDERSTAND right away or even at all during this life how it is for our good. This passage has been a comfort to me and my wife when we contemplate things we don't understand.

Nice one, Brent. :thumbsup:

John 15:18 “If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

It's been posted already but my favorite is Romans 10:9-10, 13. Sums up the gospel much better than John 3:16 IMHO.

That being said, the apostle Paul's story is epic reading.

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’ Matthew 7:21-23

This passage is so haunting and so sobering and sometimes has me wondering where I stand. I think this one requires some further study...

Top Bottom