What's new

Betcha can't build just one (AR).

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Interesting. I think my humble budget might be able to acquire a Larue trigger. :)
The LaRue MBT trigger also comes with an extra power spring, which I did not use. I don't know how much that would affect the trigger pull weight.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
The LaRue MBT trigger also comes with an extra power spring, which I did not use. I don't know how much that would affect the trigger pull weight.

I was planning to take my P320 XFull and LWRC out this Friday, but was called in yesterday on my day off and will be again today, due to certain current events nationally. Maybe Friday, maybe not. I was hoping to get some breaking in time on the NiBo MilSpec on my LWRC.

Everything I have read says, LWRC has rounded and smoothed off all the edges along with enhanced springs before their NiBo coating. reviews say it acts just like the Advanced Combat Trigger from ALG Defense. We shall see. :)

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Ouch! Another $80! I think I will keep annoying my fellow shooters for awhile. I dunno, I may get it eventually. The VG6 Epsilon does have a wicked side blast, but it is an effective muzzle brake.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Ouch! Another $80! I think I will keep annoying my fellow shooters for awhile. I dunno, I may get it eventually. The VG6 Epsilon does have a wicked side blast, but it is an effective muzzle brake.
OK, I caved, got it at Optics Planet for about $45 with my accrued "Optics Planet Bucks". I'll let you know how I like it. I wish it was available in matte stainless though.

OkieStubble

OK, I caved, got it at Optics Planet for about $45 with my accrued "Optics Planet Bucks". I'll let you know how I like it. I wish it was available in matte stainless though.

Lol’d. Yeah, I was thinking about putting the Epsilon on the Colt for the wife. I was thinking it will help her when training outside. I was also thinking the cage would be good to use if grabbing an AR for home defense.

And then I had this thought of, why don’t I just enable John to get it and see what he thinks first? ;)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I kinda figured as much. It didn't take too much enabling, the RO at the last match complained bitterly about the side blast from the Epsilon.

OkieStubble

I kinda figured as much. It didn't take too much enabling, the RO at the last match complained bitterly about the side blast from the Epsilon.

I think it will definitely help in a class environment. Interested in hearing what you think when you get it.

OkieStubble

Yet another reason to get another can, someday in the FAR future!

I know there are certain muzzle devices, F hiders, brakes and such, where you can just attach the can over the top and tighten it on. Just have to outfit all your rifles with the same muzzle brake.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
My YHM suppressor attaches to a dedicated flash hider that I have on my Robinson Arms XCR. I believe Surefire uses a similar system. I think I'd prefer one that just screws directly to the muzzle threads.

I know there are certain muzzle devices, F hiders, brakes and such, where you can just attach the can over the top and tighten it on. Just have to outfit all your rifles with the same muzzle brake.
I have silencerco ASR brakes and flash hiders on everything for that reason to use with my Liberty CosmicX. Haven't tried it with the .556es yet but it was great swapping from the Rock River 458 Socom to the Ruger 450 Bushmaster. The big bore can is a compromise on the small bore rifles but one I can live with for now. It works great on the USP Tactical.

I don't get enough range time.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

OkieStubble

I have silencerco ASR brakes and flash hiders on everything for that reason to use with my Liberty CosmicX. Haven't tried it with the .556es yet but it was great swapping from the Rock River 458 Socom to the Ruger 450 Bushmaster. The big bore can is a compromise on the small bore rifles but one I can live with for now. It works great on the USP Tactical.

I don't get enough range time.

Me neither anymore. You mentioning the bolded calibers in your post got me thinking. I don't ever hear anyone in here mentioning the 350 Legend? I wonder why?

I'll probably get around to it. A year before it came out I got in on a group buy for a rimless 357 maximum barrel, just haven't assembled it. It's pretty similar.

A couple weeks ago my group of friends had our annual weekend get together, got to shoot a friend's 350 Legend mini mauser and really liked it. He was looking at them and was surfing gunbroker the wrong day and found it ready to go, barrel rebored/chambered by JES, who several of us have had excellent luck with.

OkieStubble

I'll probably get around to it. A year before it came out I got in on a group buy for a rimless 357 maximum barrel, just haven't assembled it. It's pretty similar.

A couple weeks ago my group of friends had our annual weekend get together, got to shoot a friend's 350 Legend mini mauser and really liked it. He was looking at them and was surfing gunbroker the wrong day and found it ready to go, barrel rebored/chambered by JES, who several of us have had excellent luck with.

I heard it's not expensive ammo, and being a straight walled cartridge I would think not only economical but easy to reload?

Seems that way. The stuff I was shooting was powder coated cast bullets.

It definitely is. Basically a semi auto friendly rimless 357 maximum except it's really 9mm maximum. Another benefit of casting is more options available, just size to what your barrel prefers with 9mm or 38/357 designs.

Top Bottom