What's new

Best soap scent ever.

I recall in a past post that you really liked Shaken, so was excited when I got out to Maggards last week to sniff in person. Maybe I overworked my nose being in there for a few hours, but was disappointed that the scent was so light it was difficult to pick out any notes. I thought it would have been one I was going to take home (never tried soap from SS). May get around to ordering a sample one day.

If you can find a sample i Highly rec9mmend checking it out. To my nose the scent is anything but light and is quite complex plus performance of Storybook Soapworks is top notch.

hmmm this shaken seems very interesting....any more of a scent description or push to enable me?

Shaken is hard to describe, it has Sandalwood in the mix and also notes of "Money" which is interesting and you can detect that unusual scent. It is a "Darker" type of scent more suited for Colder months but could be used year round. Would be perfect for a late night dinner party or other suit & tie events. Bottom line there is nothing else quite like it I have come across and smells like something from a high end Cologne manufacturer. Really like the "Silage" of the A/S as it morphs and changes somewhat over time. Performance of Storybook products is EXCELLENT IMO and is highly underrated which may be due to the limited scent options.

Agreed on PDP 63. Wish they made a regular aftershave, since the balm scent is very light. Definitely a fan of the leathery/ spicy/ tobacco-y scents as well.

I agree, have picked up both the Balm and the Cologne and even the Cologne does not have the longevity one would think which is a shame since this is a wonderful scent. The bar soap smells good but is a bit drying on the skin.

NOS Floris 89 was pretty amazing. Stunning actually. It was also one of the worst performing shave soaps ever but that’s a topic for another thread.

PdP is up there for me as is DRH Almond and Arlington. Mystic Water and B&M have wonderful scents in general and I’ve really liked some of the specific ones mentioned in prior posts.

My personal Arko/Tabac scent is tallow Valobra. The funk of NOS art of shaving soap is Pavlovian.

There are many. It's hard to cut the herd, but here are mine:

MdC Rose and Fougere
Nuavia Rosso and Blu
Declaration/Chatillon Lux Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli (I sprayed a spray of the EdT about ten minutes ago, and my wife just walked downstairs and commented about the scent. She likes it, but has a sensitive nose, and I don't. I got another polite lecture about not intruding on others in my workplace with scent... which I appreciate and acknowledge.)

There are many. It's hard to cut the herd, but here are mine:

MdC Rose and Fougere
Nuavia Rosso and Blu
Declaration/Chatillon Lux Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli (I sprayed a spray of the EdT about ten minutes ago, and my wife just walked downstairs and commented about the scent. She likes it, but has a sensitive nose, and I don't. I got another polite lecture about not intruding on others in my workplace with scent... which I appreciate and acknowledge.)
Well Scott, we can agree on the YRP. Truly a spectacular scent. Regretfully, I confess I have not tried your other choices. We have at least one other co-conspirator in this thread:
Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli from Wholly Kaw/Chatillon Lux is tops to me. I’d like to try the new DG version in the Milksteak base.

And I have to put in a good word for another favorite Noble Otter soap Thé Noir et Vanille. In this I am joined by another individual with impeccable taste:
NO noir et vanille

Top Bottom