What's new

Best Shaving Soap? - Make your Own

Yeah...I definitely know what you guys mean. I don't know if you have ever tried the Silver Fox Soaps,,,but if you haven't and you get the opportunity to...please do yourselves a favor.:thumbup:
Tried it in the pass around. It was great. One of these days I'll get around to making some, but it makes so much and I love the different scents so one scent for that much soap... Well it's a lot.

InNae

One of the ladies on the Soap Making forum makes larger batches with no scent. When she has an order she grates the soap with a salad shooter (pretty sure that's what she said), adds a couple drops of water and zaps it in the microwave briefly to soften. She then adds the custom fragrance and ships (she's commercial.) I keep telling myself I'm gong to do this but I never do. Anyway, that's one way to get around a full batch of one scent. The other way is to make a batch, keep one tin and give away the rest. That's what I've done. :thumbup1:

Don, really glad you liked that, and especially happy you keyed in on the post-shave feel. That's 90% of what I wanted out of the soap when I was intent on making my own. It's easy to make a soap that lathers well, it's tougher to make one that leaves your face feeling nice afterwards. Well, I guess now it's not so tough. You can just follow the directions. Credit for that inspiration belongs to JabonMan soaps - they were a little over the top in that respect (for me) but I would never have considered it without having tried his soaps with Lanolin.

[MENTION=61594]LBussy[/MENTION] I recently made a batch of soap following your recipe and tried it for the first time today. Just wanted to let you know that it's one of the best shave soaps I've used!:thumbup: It definitely has a permanent spot in my soap rotation. Thanks for sharing!

[MENTION=61594]LBussy[/MENTION] Well now I am forced to make my own soap. Just lost my only tub of Silver Fox Soap in the flood and I can't go on without some. So I think in the next month or so, I will try to make a small batch of this. Look for questions in the next few weeks. :001_smile

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Don, I hope that you and your family and friends are safe. While I do not have any sliverfox, I would be glad to send you some good soap. Just PM me an address.

Cheers, Steve

Thanks Steve. I appreciate your generosity. I really appreciate the offer, but I'm I okay on some soap. I have had two people send me a tub each and that is well enough to get me going. I have been wanting to make the Silver Fox soap for sometime now and this is what prompted me to post. Thanks again Steve, it's people like you who make Badger & Blade a great place.

Sent from the Danger Phone

[MENTION=93173]dangerousdon[/MENTION] I am sorry to hear you were impacted by the floods, but glad you are able to come here and talk about it. That's some bad sh*t going on down there. If I had any soap on the shelf I'd send you down a tin, but I'm out of stock myself. Seems like it might be a good time to drag my butt in the kitchen and make some.

My house flooded in 1982; I remember how impactful that was and how long it took things to get back to normal. Ironic story: Last year I refinished a family table and as I was taking it apart I found mud in between the legs and the blocks that served as feet. Thirty-three years later I was still cleaning up in a way.

Keep your chin up, this too shall pass. I'm sending positive thoughts your way in lieu of soap this time.

I will take all the positive thoughts I can get. I definitely wasn't asking for anything. I just reread my post and I hope it didn't come across that way. Just wanted to let you know I will be making your formula in a few weeks and I might have questions. Thanks for all you do.

Sent from the Danger Phone

I know you weren't looking for anything. Folks here are just naturally giving I guess. :001_smile

I'll be here to answer questions when you have them. Here's hoping things go well and you get to make soap soon.

Top Bottom