What's new

Best Inexpensive Cream - IYHO

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Couto is brushless afaik. Proraso SE comes a bit thicker out of the tube than green and red. I didn’t care for the scent of Azur lime but Vetyver is nice. Performance was good but I like the regular stuff as well and have not such a scientific approach as you.
Very good to know. I will try it brushless.

Couto is brushless afaik. Proraso SE comes a bit thicker out of the tube than green and red. I didn’t care for the scent of Azur lime but Vetyver is nice. Performance was good but I like the regular stuff as well and have not such a scientific approach as you.
I have wondered about those two scents. I was tempted more to get the Azur Lime one day. What about the scent didn’t you like?

Having used quite a few, the value of Proraso is hard to beat even if it’s not the cheapest at the register. I have used products three times the cost that weren’t nearly as good. So value-wise, Proraso wins. Using Red now with the Red pre-shave and if there is something better I am all ears.

Having used quite a few, the value of Proraso is hard to beat even if it’s not the cheapest at the register. I have used products three times the cost that weren’t nearly as good. So value-wise, Proraso wins. Using Red now with the Red pre-shave and if there is something better I am all ears.

Sounds like I had the same experience as you. I tried a few tubed creams over the years. Trying to find the right one. It turned out to be Proraso Red.

I haven't gotten around to trying the red pre shave yet. But a shave with the red cream and aftershave splash. Is one that I enjoy as much as anything else in my den.

Sounds like I had the same experience as you. I tried a few tubed creams over the years. Trying to find the right one. It turned out to be Proraso Red.

I haven't gotten around to trying the red pre shave yet. But a shave with the red cream and aftershave splash. Is one that I enjoy as much as anything else in my den.
All the Proraso products have lactic acid and it does wonders to improve the appearance of your skin.

All the Proraso products have lactic acid and it does wonders to improve the appearance of your skin.

I do like the way my skin feels after a Proraso shave just a little more than some of the other tubed creams I've tried too.

I kind of liked kiss my face. But can't find it locally anymore. Don't care to order it on line, as I can get Proraso for less delivered.

Plus I always look forward to the scent of Proraso Red.

I have the pre-shave. At first, I wasn’t sure if it was doing anything, but when I did a comparison with and without, my skin definitely felt more supple with the pre-shave.

Do you know, I definitely thought my skin simply ‘looked better’ after using Proraso cream or soft soap. Thanks for explaining the reason why! I for one love the green, white and blue Proraso. I will try the red in the new year most likely.

Lactic acid is commonly used by dermatologists to treat poor skin. It removes dead cells, stimulates new cells, fades dark spots and firms up your skin. OTC products that have it cost a pretty penny.

I have only used Proraso. It works fantastic with the cream so that a week's worth of beard comes off without any drama, pleasurable in fact, plus it smells exactly like the cream. Why have conflicting fragrances?

Look for St. James of London Sandalwood and Bergamot on Amazon when it goes on sale. Still a great deal for about $15US for 150ml, but I have bought it for as low as $6.

Excellent stuff IMO.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Do you know, I definitely thought my skin simply ‘looked better’ after using Proraso cream or soft soap. Thanks for explaining the reason why! I for one love the green, white and blue Proraso. I will try the red in the new year most likely.
Red is a fantastic winter soap. The shea in the mix is a nice moisturizing boost, and the woody sandalwood scent is top notch. The matching AS is great as well.

Top Bottom