What's new

Best Inexpensive Cream - IYHO

IMG_0065.JPG

Palmolive really doesn't work for me at all. I can't stand the scent and I don't think it provides the kind of slickness I want.
Other than that, it's great. 😆

Reactions: cf1
Palmolive really doesn't work for me at all. I can't stand the scent and I don't think it provides the kind of slickness I want.
Other than that, it's great. 😆
Worst skin reaction I had with a cream/soap. And mine didn’t contain the dreaded ingredient listed on previous posts. 🤷‍♂️

Yep. My skin doesn't like it either. 🤷‍♂️

I wonder what it could be that is giving you guys issues? The current stuff is pretty clean as far as a mass-produced formulation is concerned - nothing in there that you won't find in a lot of other soaps / creams. Either way, you have my sympathies - it's always disappointing when you get your hands on a popular soap or cream, are looking forward to the shave, then feel your face start tingling as soon as you begin to lather up..."Uh oh! Not again....!"

Speaking of ingredients, I spent a bunch 'o time reviewing cream and soap ingredients last year. Of the mass-produced creams, Speick ain't bad and good performance:

Aqua (Water), Potassium Stearate, Potassium Palmitate, Potassium Cocoate, Glycerin, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Palmitate, Sodium Cocoate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Cetyl Palmitate, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Valeriana Celtica (Speick) Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Silicate, Limonene, Linalool

And La Toja cream was also pretty good:

Aqua(Water, Eau), Potassium Stearate, Potassium Palmitate, Glycerin, Potassium Cocoate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Palminate, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Lactate, Palmitic Acid, Stearid Acid, Parfum(Fragance), Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Mineral Salts, Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol

Shannon's Soaps are not expensive and they are very good. The Chupacabra base is as good as B&M Omnibus base, for me and the last puck I got for $9.99.

I got a sample of Shannon's about two years ago. Good soap but too slick for me. I am guessing that the base I got was loaded with glycerin. Sounds like Shannon has developed new base(s) since what I tried.

I got a sample of Shannon's about two years ago. Good soap but too slick for me. I am guessing that the base I got was loaded with glycerin. Sounds like Shannon has developed new base(s) since what I tried.
Too slick? :laugh: I've never heard that one before. What was it about being so slick that was a problem. I'm not demeaning you. I'm genuinely curious.

Too slick? :laugh: I've never heard that one before. What was it about being so slick that was a problem. I'm not demeaning you. I'm genuinely curious.

Don't get me wrong, a little slickness is good. The lather was so slick that I could almost see myself in the reflection. Compared to Stirling and Tabac, the slickness felt out of balance.

Don't get me wrong, a little slickness is good. The lather was so slick that I could almost see myself in the reflection. Compared to Stirling and Tabac, the slickness felt out of balance.
For me, that would be a dream soap. I didn't experience that level of slickness, but it was slick, about like B&M Omnibus base. One of the reasons that I don't care for Stirling (except the beeswax) is that it just isn't quite slick enough so that I can touch up an area without re-lathering.

Myrsol 1kg Cream
My new favourite to mix with a hard soap for fabulous shave sticks is a firm cream (too firm for a tube i'd say), is inexpensive & very short ingredients list (with Lanolin & glycerin, so wonderful feel & performance)

IMG_5192.jpg

Top Bottom