What's new

Best Commercially Available BBQ Sauce?

Is high Fructose corn syrup the next trans fat and will it be gone soon?

Dunno whether it's bad for your health. But it's a cheap sugar substitute. So if your BBQ sauce has it, then the maker probably cut some corners. Same with soda. Little known secret, atleast here on the West Coast - Mexican Coke tastes better because they use real cane sugar while Coke made in USA uses Corn Syrup instead.

Being from Chicago, I think I was born to love Sweet Baby Ray's. I'm partial to the "Sweet and Spicy" as well as "Hickory and Brown Sugar".

I like Sweet Baby Ray's, too.

I've never really made homemade barbecue sauce, but a long, long time ago when I didn't know squat about cooking somebody told me that ketchup plus Coke made a decent sauce, and darned if it wasn't true. I didn't put anything else in it.

Now that I think about it I suppose ketchup + Coke + spices/other ingredients could make a good sauce.

ffs... Make you own!!!!

brown sugar, tomato paste/sause, a bit of fine chopped onions,
over low heat, whisk over low heat till sugar is disolved, then add a bit of lemon juice or white wine viniguer if you like an acidic touch, salt, garlic, cumin pepper and chilli powder to taste, (all these ingridients are optional and should be used as personal taste requires)

Wow I didn't realize this had the dust blown off of it until I came by Clubmanrob's post.

cough cough *waves the dust away from face*

Another vote for Sweet Baby Rays. Stubbs is excellent too.

Strangely and unexpectedly, Kraft BBQ sauce is pretty decent -- it has kind of a smoky-fruity, Habanero flavor without the heat.

I also usually make a batch of homemade each summer -- spicy and smoky, with tomato and OJ as the base.

would be interesting to try to use dry pear, raisings or apple with the tomato paste/sause, lower the sugar a bit to compensate for the sugar from the fruite, and give it a nice overnight low heat cook overnight, the idea of tossing liquid smoke in the mix disgusts me but using some not so hot smoked peppers, a similar effect could be obtained,

Sticy Fingers

proxy.php

Nothing like a good SC mustard based sauce

Top Bottom