What's new

Best Commercially Available BBQ Sauce?

Now that summer is here my mind has wandered to Ribs and BBQ. Please chime in on your favorite commercially available BBQ sauce.

My vote goes for Hecky's Hot BBQ sauce (although the Original is pretty good as well). Although you cannot buy Hecky's in your local grocery store, it is available by mail order. What is your favorite BBQ Sauce?

Last edited:
Don't know that I have a hands down favorite.

The Arthur Bryant's Sweet Heat is pretty good. Bubba's (from the Outer Banks in NC) makes a pretty good one, but I use it on eggs and other non-BBQ items. Head Country is supposed to have a lot of fans but I haven't gotten around to trying any yet. Oh, and Oklahoma Joe's offerings from KC are pretty good as well, Cowtown and Attack of the Cows(?).

Sweet Baby Ray's is available off-the-shelf most places and good stuff. I also have some terrific Jim Beam BBQ sauce that was part of a gift pack I got as a present.

Chris n' Pitts makes a great base if you want a commercial sauce you can "soup up" to suit your tastes. I like it with brown sugar and Jack Daniel's added.

NANP™

Sonny's BBQ "Sweet" :001_tt1:

proxy.php

Don't know that I have a hands down favorite.

The Arthur Bryant's Sweet Heat is pretty good. Bubba's (from the Outer Banks in NC) makes a pretty good one, but I use it on eggs and other non-BBQ items. Head Country is supposed to have a lot of fans but I haven't gotten around to trying any yet. Oh, and Oklahoma Joe's offerings from KC are pretty good as well, Cowtown and Attack of the Cows(?).

I have not tried any of these. It looks like I will have my work cut out for me this summer. :drool: The Sweet Heat really has me intrigued. Do you get these at your local grocery store or are they mail order only?

John Boy and Billy's sauce looks kind of hokey, but it is very good. And, for a different type of flavor, Charlie Stubb's is excellent.

I bought some Sweet Baby Ray's last year and don't care much for it. There's nothing really bad about it, its just not the flavor I'm looking for.

Tim

I stumbled upon a BBQ sauce called Big Ricks. Luckily they sell it by the 1/2 gallon and only 30 min. away.

I've introduced it to a couple friends who immediately renounced their previous favorite.

It's a bit thick but I usually heat it up on the stove and add some cider vinegar and apple juice to thin it a little. The smell of this simmering on the stove permeates the house and...:drool:
Anyway, my vote for ribs and pulled pork.

Sweet Baby Ray's.

Now that you made me think of bar-b-que.

Can you buy pork steaks where you live?

They don't seem to be available in areas of Michigan I've been to. The ppl in the meat department of several stores didn't know what I was talking about. What a shame.........
Sue

I always make my own, usually in at least a batch of a gallon (I freeze it). I have never found any commercial sauce that comes close to comparing with homemade.

Top Bottom