What's new

Best canned foam?

It's still hard to go back to canned stuff once you use Soaps and actual CreamsIf I had to use a cart, I think I could get by with a decent brushless product too

One or two of the Gillette gels have glycerin as the second ingedient. I keep a travel can in my toiletry kit.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
My favorite canned foam is the one that I am using now.

I really haven't used this stuff during my entire life. But I was given this can by a friend.

It's Colgate plain. It's doing well right now, and I'll use it until the can is empty.

Yellow Barbasol is good with a splash of water on the foam for slickness. I also loved Colgate. Aveeno Sensitive Skin worked well with the multiblade disposable razors but not too good with a DE. On the other hand, Barbasol works great with a DE. I'm gonna try the Gillette foam when I try the new razor.

It's still hard to go back to canned stuff once you use Soaps and actual CreamsIf I had to use a cart, I think I could get by with a decent brushless product too
I don't know why anyone would want to. I finally binned all of mine since I could not think of a scenario where I would ever be using them again. I mean, maybe if I ran out of everything else except a puck of Williams and didn't have a charged up electric, but that's rather unlikely.

Yeah, Nivea may be the best gel in my book, but that doesn't mean I'd use it before I tried to shave with Axe body wash.

maybe if I ran out of everything else except a puck of Williams and didn't have a charged up electric, but that's rather unlikely.

Lol... around here its hard to find anyone that would run out of anything lol.
Before I even start a new puck of something, I have a backup already lol.
But I agree, wholeheartedly.

That being said, I'm going to do some experimenting with my canned stuff again. I bought most of them in search of a quick fix/travel option and didn't fare well.
But I have lots more experience and technique now.

Pinaud Clubman followed by Barbasol Green, then Orange, then Red.

I actually get my best gel results when using a Bic single blade.

I never used foams, I always go for those Gel types that come in a can, I find it's much more economical rather than the foam types.

As for the brand, I prefer Nivea sensitive shaving gel.

I'm not buying them anymore now, but this is what I used before, maybe will use again if travelling and would need to shave in a pinch.

Contrary to common belief all shaving foams are NOT created equal....the ones I like are more creamy,thick and lubricating than usual ,my favorites are

Barbasol regular is one of the best (this is what I used during my USA years but it is not available in Europe)

PRORASO red during the winter,PRORASO green during the summer are really nice and cheap (around 3,5 euros per can)

Nivea Sensitive is also nice and ultra cheap (less than 2 euros per can)

Noxzema Yellow (made in Italy) is FANTASTIC but a bit more expensive (4 euros per can).

the Italian FIGARO ones are awesome too, especially the blue sensitive one ( cost is 1,8 euros for a 400 ml can that lasts me easily for a whole year! (I shave every day)

proxy.php

I have tried some "fancy" and expensive ones (Speick ,Tabac etc) but found them lacking (not lubricating enough)

Last edited:
Top Bottom