What's new

BBQ making its way into Canada eh?

Wrong neck of the woods for you, but there is a smokehouse restaurant in Cornwall called Longhorn Outpost that makes an excellent brisket. There will be two smokehouse restaurants opening up in the Byward Market area of Ottawa by the fall of this year. Hopefully there will be some decent eats, but it will be hard for the restaurants to compete with what comes off my WSM.

Wrong neck of the woods for you, but there is a smokehouse restaurant in Cornwall called Longhorn Outpost that makes an excellent brisket. There will be two smokehouse restaurants opening up in the Byward Market area of Ottawa by the fall of this year. Hopefully there will be some decent eats, but it will be hard for the restaurants to compete with what comes off my WSM.

Scratch that. The Longhorn Outpost in Cornwall is no more;(.

Ive went to a couple so called BBQ restaurants here in Ontario.
Nothing compares to doing it yourself. Makes me think I could open a restaurant and blows these guys out of the water, but I bet thats what they thought and somehow the quality get lost in translation when you start to retail it at larger quantities.

My Bradley gets a workout in the summer.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Ive went to a couple so called BBQ restaurants here in Ontario.
Nothing compares to doing it yourself. Makes me think I could open a restaurant and blows these guys out of the water, but I bet thats what they thought and somehow the quality get lost in translation when you start to retail it at larger quantities.

My Bradley gets a workout in the summer.

But if you had never tried these so called BBQ joints how would you know that your own home cooked version is so good that you think you could blow them out of the water?

I like trying the ideas I see here . . . and I've had success with many . . . but unless I tried it from the source I might be missing something.

Take my quest as trying to learn what it is that I like so that I can bring it home and make it mine.

Top Bottom