What's new

Southeast meet up Columbia, SC

Southern States razor meetup

October 19, 2013

I am working on location and funds for a meeting facility. Don't worry, it will happen. I just need to make a few calls to find the best location.

Lodging....I will suggest some places once we know exactly what side of town it will be on.

Tentative Activities/ events....

Friday 18th. Those that are here and would like to, we can grab some food, cocktails, etc

We can go with what the majority wants. If I know ahead of time I can try to reserve some space.

---Rioz Brazilian steakhouse. This is quite the experience. The restaurant is new to us here, but I have been to others. It is an all you can eat meat delight. Look to spend about $50/ head. Pricey, yes. But, definitely something you should experience in your life. You are seated and given a wooden dowel type object. One end is green, the other red. Take a playe to the salad bar and fix all your sides. Some interesting things, the awesomely cheesy mashed potatoes is something I could fill up on alone. Back at your table turn the tool to green. Now go. Waiters/ staff will come to your table ready to slice off meat from this huge cut with a sword-like skewer going through it. You can deny if you wish. Pork, beef, chicken, bacon wrapped chicken hearts, and sometimes even gator or snake. When you are to the point of nearly popping put it to red. A delicious desert cart will roll by and taunt you. Don't forget the lemonade either!! Not too many if you are driving. A very neat experience you will talk about for years. If you don't get it here, please try it somewhere.

---southern barbecue buffet. Most likely Farm Boys restaurant in Chapin, SC a full buffet consisting of homemade creamed corn, cooked cabbage, stewed tomatoes and okry, collard greens the way Grammy fixed 'em, ribs, pulled pork with your choice of vinegar pepper sauce or a tangy Carolina yellow sauce. Slow cooked and done up the right way it will be a meal you will go home and tell others about. Wash it down with the way tea is supposed to be served, sweet and ice cold. Polish it off with cherry cobbler or banana pudding. This is the real deal. While in the south do as Southerners do.
Get this here for less than $15

If anyone wants, there are bars all over the place here. We can figure that out once we know where we will eat and stay.

Saturday.
Everyone responsible for their own breakfast.
Arrive around 9am.
We will start with some introductions. (You never know who will show up to these!!)

We will have a honing demonstration.

A straight shaving demo and a DE demo.

Learn how to shave, strop and maintain your razors. How to tighten that pin so it is not so loose and annoying.

Then, you try what you want to work on and get individual help.

Some have never been shaved with a straight razor or DE. We can walk you through it or even shave you.

As often as we can....giveaways!!!

alsshaving.com has donated some product and straightrazordesigns.com has donated some strops.

Wouldn't it be cool if everyone brought an item to give away?! Whatever you think is cool and worthy of being given away as a door prize. Can you bring more than one? Heck yeah!

What are we going to do for food?
Well, again, depending on place it is held, we may grill out if everyone wants. I'm sure a grill master will be joining us.

If that happens some may need to bring a few coolers.

What we need;
Location/ funds
Food items for cookout, ice chests, ice, drinks, etc.
Giveaway items.

If we don't cook out we can order pizzas or whatever.

I wish I could fund it all on my own. I can't. But please, please do not let a donation request keep you away. We will probably pass the plate or something. Who knows. We just want you there!! Donors won't be recognized, we ain't building a hospital. Just friendships and good times. If you learn a lil summin summin, rock on.

Vendors will be recognized that donate. But hey. That's just a way to say thank you!!

Everyone is invited. Tell all you know. Bring a friend. If you want to bring your spouse you are more than welcome to. Post this on your Facebook pages, blogs, etc. Get the word out.

This is posted on multiple forums. If you gots beef with anudder forum, get it gone before you get here. We are all one. We are wet shavers.

If you'd like to join us, send me a message, reply here, something. Please make sure you are subscribed to this thread. If you have any ideas please express them.

Thank you for all the help and interest thus far.

hey happy to see someone else from cola. Love to hear if you are aware of any good local vendors....and will watch to see if there is any more interest in a get together. (and go Cocks :wink2:)

Hope I am off and can make this! I know it is contingent on many things but I think the Vista would be a great after-hour area as it has a lot to offer for a more refined yet enjoyable evening.

That would be pretty cool if we could get some locals together for a drink or something, if alcohol isn't everyone's cup of tea.

I'm down for whatever, whenever. Just shoot me a message. I don't know much about DEs, just straights. (Talking about a couple of locals chit chatting)

I'm working on something big for the big meetup. (For people from all over). So, stay tuned!!

Some items for the giveaway...

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom