What's new

BBQ Joints in your Area

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Other than your teeth, the lowly tooth pick is the best tool when eating BBQ.

$IMG_1135.jpg

When we moved to florida there a chain called sonny's bbq. There pretty good, decent ribs and stuff. My wife really liked their chicken wing, no sauce just dry rub. And CW are cooked to order and not sitting around.
I was making my own pulled pork and ribs so we would just add their wings.

I remember when Franklin's was little more than a trailer parked in the same lot as the coffee roastery I worked at. Even then I'd see people lining up at 11am! Now that I'm back in New Hampshire I'm lucky enough to be 15 minutes from a great BBQ trailer called Phils Old Fashioned BBQ. Some of the best barbeque I've had anywhere, and the brisket I've had in NH for sure!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 113
I remember when Franklin's was little more than a trailer parked in the same lot as the coffee roastery I worked at. Even then I'd see people lining up at 11am! Now that I'm back in New Hampshire I'm lucky enough to be 15 minutes from a great BBQ trailer called Phils Old Fashioned BBQ. Some of the best barbeque I've had anywhere, and the brisket I've had in NH for sure!
It's in Milford? Next time I'm back home - I grew up in Nashua - I will have to check it out.

It's in Milford? Next time I'm back home - I grew up in Nashua - I will have to check it out.

Definitely! Being a trailer he is only open seasonally, but you should be able to find his facebook page if you google barbeque in milford nh.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Ain't that the truth. Smoke and big meat beef flavors are not the wife's thing. However, she will beat me over the head for the last rib.

I need to get her to like pastrami more, too. We have a pretty decent deli called Weinberger's in Grapevine. She is up for a couple visits a year. She just does not get the importance of pastrami. She does like bagels, so I am going to try to get her to go to Carshson's deli in Fort Worth. Maybe I can get her to eat it the right way (with cream cheese, lox, and tomato)

I hate to say it, but I don't eat BBQ often. The wife has to be in the right mood for that.

When the LOML and I go out for BBQ she usually gets fried catfish. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but why get catfish when there is brisket on the menu?

When the LOML and I go out for BBQ she usually gets fried catfish. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but why get catfish when there is brisket on the menu?

Maybe because brisket is just smoked pot roast, and is not real BBQ?

[Ducks and runs, BBQ trolling accomplished]

There are some more locally famous places in our area, like Redbones in Somerville (to me more of a "hangout/drinking" place since their BBQ is just OK), and Blue Ribbon BBQ (solid, only takeout) in Arlington and Newton.

Redbones in Somerville and the Blue Ribbon in Arlington are my go to places. I have been told by transplanted "Good Ol Boys" that the ribs are on par with those you get south of the Mason Dixon line.

BTW, ran into some folks from down south visiting Boston today. I told them about Redbones.
Hope they liked it.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Went to the Salt Lick for lunch. It's not in Franklin's BBQ league, but its good. The smoke flavor was faint but all the meats were very tender and juicy. One thing they did that I did not like was, they sauced the meats or part of them. The German potato salad was good and the beans tasted just like beans. It's way out in the country in a little town called Driftwood. No waiting in line either.

$IMG_1276.jpg$IMG_1270.jpg$IMG_1273.jpg$IMG_1274.jpg$IMG_1275.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that place looks cool, you gotta love that pit. The potato salad doesn't look like it has enough bacon in it for my taste. I'm assuming those are pecan pies, did you try a slice?

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Wow, that place looks cool, you gotta love that pit. The potato salad doesn't look like it has enough bacon in it for my taste. I'm assuming those are pecan pies, did you try a slice?

No bacon in their potato salad. :tongue_smIt's served hot though.

I was so full I couldn't eat a slice of pie. I should have taken one with me.

They have a vineyard too with a wine tasting room.

$IMG_1277.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"

The pit in the picture is to keep the meat warm before serving. The big smoker is sitting out back.

Top Bottom