What's new

BBQ Joints in your Area

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Drove an hour to Waxahachie for some Harris BBQ. I got brisket and pulled pork. It is a small place, but it was good. I believe they smoke with hickory, which is a nice change. The meat had a great bark and was tender. I'd eat there again.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 151

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Whoa!!! Owen, you should have told me I'd have met you there. It's only 3-1/2 hours from here.

...Awesome! You would have been pissed if you forgot to snap a shot.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Whoa!!! Owen, you should have told me I'd have met you there. It's only 3-1/2 hours from here.

...Awesome! You would have been pissed if you forgot to snap a shot.
I'll have to keep that in mind for the next time. It is a bit of a dive, but some really good places are.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Someone go eat some ribs will ya. And take a picture of the place.

...and don't forget to order some tater salad and peach cobbler.

I like a place called Rudy's for breakfast, they have tacos til around 10 or 11. The brisket and refried bean tacos are killer and under two bucks each.
i don't have any pics so now I have an excuse to go grab some in a day or two.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I like a place called Rudy's for breakfast, they have tacos til around 10 or 11. The brisket and refried bean tacos are killer and under two bucks each.
i don't have any pics so now I have an excuse to go grab some in a day or two.

We have a Rudy's here too. Their smoked turkey is pretty good. I guess I need to try their breakfast taco's.

We have a Rudy's here too. Their smoked turkey is pretty good. I guess I need to try their breakfast taco's.
I wasn't sure how widespread they were. Funny thing is I have only eaten there for lunch once and never for dinner. Mostly only breakfast and only for the last couple months, love the tacos.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Finally checked out Hard 8 BBQ in Roanoke. I always stop at the one in Stephenville when I got to Fredericksburg. Here is what I and the wife got- sliced brisket, chopped brisket, 3 ribs, some spicy and regular sausage. We still had leftovers to take home.

Attachments

• $bbq.jpg
    $bbq.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 101

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Finally checked out Hard 8 BBQ in Roanoke. I always stop at the one in Stephenville when I got to Fredericksburg. Here is what I and the wife got- sliced brisket, chopped brisket, 3 ribs, some spicy and regular sausage. We still had leftovers to take home.

I remembered Owen's Hard 8 chow down picture so I thought I'd give this thread a bump. See above:thumbup1:

Woodlands BBQ, Blowing Rock, NC
Maurice's Piggy Park, Columbia, SC
RO's BBQ, Gastonia, NC
Piece and Hominy Q Shack, Belmont, NC

Attachments

• $348s.jpg
    $348s.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 73
  • $o.jpg
    $o.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 73
  • $0901maurices.jpg
    $0901maurices.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 75
  • $259272023fa32d74fab3c9884542b2da.jpg
    $259272023fa32d74fab3c9884542b2da.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 74
  • $peace-n-hominy-q-shack.jpg
    $peace-n-hominy-q-shack.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 75

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
[MENTION=28178]Snappy Lunch[/MENTION]

Snappy, those all look like great places. The mustard looking BBQ sauce looks interesting.:thumbup1:

@Snappy Lunch

Snappy, those all look like great places. The mustard looking BBQ sauce looks interesting.:thumbup1:
The mustard based sauce is a South Carolina thing. I don't take sides in the east vs. west NC feud, tomato vs. vinegar. I love them both.
Another good local place is Bridges BBQ Lodge in Shelby, NC.

Attachments

• $bridgesbbq0922.JPG
    $bridgesbbq0922.JPG
    500.7 KB · Views: 73
All the BBQ joints in my area came and went just like the frozen yogurt shops that occupied their spot in the strip malls before them. I wonder what the next fad restaurant type will be.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
All the BBQ joints in my area came and went just like the frozen yogurt shops that occupied their spot in the strip malls before them. I wonder what the next fad restaurant type will be.

Very rarely does a "good" BBQ joint close down here in Austin. I avoid BBQ places in the strip malls. If I don't see smoke in, around, on top or surrounding the place I'm not goin' in.

Top Bottom