What's new

Bay Rum Soaps

Stirling Bay Rum soap. GREAT stuff. Slick, lathers good even in our hard water, and the price is right. It matches very well with Captain's Choice Bay Rum Aftershave.

Tallow all the way! :)

Hi Steve,

PM me your address and I'll mail you a Stirling Bay Rum puck I have for free. The Bay Rum smell doesn't appeal to me but sounds like it's right up your alley. It's still sealed in original packaging...

When you get it, use it for a few days and let us all know what you think?

Just received your puck today. Thank you so much. Will try it tomorrow.

I love TSD Signature with Lanolin, it's really an excellent soap.
i just tried RazoRock Captain's Choice today, and it's really great so far- nice easy lather, good protection, and great face feel after.

I used the Stirling soap this morning with my new EJ chrome plated DE Razor. It took about twenty minutes plus the shower time. When I slashed on the Pinaud Bay Rum I felt invigorated. It was one of the best shaves I've had.

The Stirling soap was soft and made a rich lather. It was my third shave with the DE Razor, still getting the hang of it though. But even with two nicks, it was terrific.

As an update:

I've tried three different bay rum soaps.

The first: Colonel Cronk bay rum. The scent was terrific. It took some time to make a decent lather though. The scent didn't last very long. Since this was my first foray into DE shaving, its the one I compare everything else to.

The second: Stirling bay rum. The scent was stronger than cronks, the lather much richer and easier to get to peak performance. Over all, it performed better than Cronks. The scent lasted longer as well

The Third: Ogallala Bay Rum and sandalwood. The puck had a very strong fragrance, but lessened as the shave went on. It lathered better than the Cronk, but not as good as the Stirling.

To sum it up; The best for me so far was the Stirling, then Ogallala and lastly Colonel Cronk. I've only shaved twice with each one, except Colonel Cronk, which I used four or five times because it was the only soap I had.

In the meantime, I've bought three other non bay rum soaps and can't wait to try them. (Proraso green, RazoRock Chanti Lavender and RazoRock Third Eye.)

I guess I'm developing a shaving soap acquisition disorder.:blink:

Atta boy!
But it's a progressive disease...can develop into severe RAD unless you find help!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 48
I'll cast my lot with the Barrister & Mann Bay Rum fans who've chimed in. The scent and performance are both as good as it gets. I've tried most of the soaps mentioned here (Stirling, Col. Conk, Ogallala, and Mike's), and Barrister & Mann beats them all!

Top Bottom