Castle & Forbes Lavender
DR Harris Arlington
DR Harris Windsor
Martin de Candre Original
Martin de Candre Frouger
Martin de Candre Vetyver
Saponifico Varesino 70th Anniversary
Saponifico Varesino Cubebe

For me it is the humble Palmolive shave stick. I had read that it has a mild soapy scent or almost no scent at all, but I get a strong smell of eucalyptus or spearmint. It reminds me of gum or sweets I enjoyed as a child and I find that really uplifting. Using this soap can actually elevate my mood, and it also leaves my skin feeling wonderful. One of the best soaps I have ever used.
Palmolive and Tabac are like time travel for me. They transport me back to places in my childhood. The memories are hazy but the smell is still very clear. They are the olfactory equivalent of comfort food.

Definitely some soaps on here I will be adding to the back log. Has anyone tried the Southern Witchcraft Labyrinth? The scent of wet rock feels like it will be the best or west ever. Hope it’s the former and will remind me of monsoon season in northern AZ.

Castle & Forbes 1445
Castle & Forbes Lavender
DR Harris Arlington
DR Harris Windsor
Martin de Candre Original
Martin de Candre Frouger
Martin de Candre Vetyver
Saponifico Varesino 70th Anniversary
Saponifico Varesino Cubebe
I agree on all these that I’ve smelled, 1445, Arlington, Windsor, MdC and SV 70th…. Maybe I need to grab some Cubebe!

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
Have fun tried <10 soaps but a couple have really awed me AND passed the spousal assessment (this includes the AS as well):
  • Moon Old School
  • Fine Fresh Vetiver
One that I really liked, and my wife loathed:
  • Henri et Victoria Duc de Santal

In no particular order
  • Tabac
  • B&M Leviathan
  • DRH Marlborough
  • MdC Fougere
  • SV 70th
  • Stirling Varen
  • Proraso Red / AOS Sandalwood
  • Floris No89
  • Truefitt's Apsley
  • Truefitt's 1805
  • Kent
  • Haslinger Schafmilch

Arko - classic lemony citrus soapy scent
Tabac - hated it at first, love it now
Mike's Natural Barbershop - I can sniff that all day. Same scent to me as Maggards London Barbershop and Strop Shoppe Barbershop
B&M Reserve Spice - I was truly sad when I finished it
Mitchell's Wool Fat - clean, soapy scent.
Palmolive stick - who doesn't love that?
Soap Commander Love - pure rose

Aftershaves:
Florida Water

Top Bottom