What's new

Barbasol 100th Anniversary Edition Can

Used it this evening for a second shave. It came out of the can as I remembered, but the scent is entirely different. Reeks of chemicals. I’ll keep it on the shelf, but if I need a quick lather, I’ll grab the can of La Toja.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Saw it a few weeks back at Meijer Thrifty Acres for a buck eleven. I passed. Now it's sold out, go figure.

Around here, Barbasol must be doing a big promotion because it was all discounted and everywhere Ive been its pretty much wiped out.
I did manage to pick up 2 of the retro Barbasol cans at Target yesterday though.

Feels like all of the grocery stores and major retailers have run through the anniversary cans thankfully Target had some left and I was able to pick up 2 more, I have far too many anniversary cans than I'd like to admit

I know the stigma about canned cream but lately im addicted to gilette barbershop fresh. $1.35 i might try the barbasol. a little water and canned cream can lather good in a pinch :001_005:

I like barber shop fresh and barbasol. I use canned on occasion. Squirt into my mug, flick a few fingertips of water in and use a damp brush. Gives a fine shave. Actually, used the 100th anniversary barbasol, and though I haven’t used a lot of canned in my 34 years of shaving, it was the best can I have ever used!

I like barber shop fresh and barbasol. I use canned on occasion. Squirt into my mug, flick a few fingertips of water in and use a damp brush. Gives a fine shave. Actually, used the 100th anniversary barbasol, and though I haven’t used a lot of canned in my 34 years of shaving, it was the best can I have ever used!
really maybe the quality went up i hope thanks for the info shave on brother!

I've never used barbasol before and i hadn't planned on ever buying canned foam again, but because of this thread I wound up buying the 100th anniversary can when i saw it today.

not sure if i'll actually use it or just hoard it, makes a nice decoration, it's pretty cool looking. or maybe i should buy more, there were still a few more on the shelf ...damn this forum !!! LOL

I know the stigma about canned cream but lately im addicted to gilette barbershop fresh. $1.35 i might try the barbasol. a little water and canned cream can lather good in a pinch :001_005:
Im a big fan of Barbershop Fresh. I ususally go Barbasol though for canned foam because its cheaper. About the stigma of canned goo vs a brush and soap, I'll say this: people have been shaving with canned goo for 50 years and it wasnt until the interwebs said that canned goo was bad for you that people had a problem with it. Canned foam is fine, if thats what you like.

Im a big fan of Barbershop Fresh. I ususally go Barbasol though for canned foam because its cheaper. About the stigma of canned goo vs a brush and soap, I'll say this: people have been shaving with canned goo for 50 years and it wasnt until the interwebs said that canned goo was bad for you that people had a problem with it. Canned foam is fine, if thats what you like.
there are some soaps and aftershaves that are bad too with harmful ingredients.

I tried it tonight, squirted a golfball sized plop into a dampened brush and had a perfectly fine 3 pass shave plus touch-ups. Performance/slickness/end result were great...used my Fatip Piccolo (gentile plate). It would serve very well as a quick, pressed for time, no frills shave option.

My only complaint is that the smell was so light, to me, it was practically unscented...so that kinda took all the fun out of it. I was hoping for that nostalgic smell of 1980s halloween hi-jinks, like someone else said...but i guess maybe we were using a different brand back then.

Even though i can't see myself reaching for this very much at all, when i have so many better smelling soap options....i still went out and bought a 2nd can just because i think they look so cool :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Although I don’t know what it’s supposed to smell like, I agree with @JayFromBrooklyn. I bought 2 cans and they look very cool on the shelves! I will reach for them just to mix things up. Variety is the spice and all that:)

I tried it tonight, squirted a golfball sized plop into a dampened brush and had a perfectly fine 3 pass shave plus touch-ups. Performance/slickness/end result were great...used my Fatip Piccolo (gentile plate). It would serve very well as a quick, pressed for time, no frills shave option.

My only complaint is that the smell was so light, to me, it was practically unscented...so that kinda took all the fun out of it. I was hoping for that nostalgic smell of 1980s halloween hi-jinks, like someone else said...but i guess maybe we were using a different brand back then.

Even though i can't see myself reaching for this very much at all, when i have so many better smelling soap options....i still went out and bought a 2nd can just because i think they look so cool :thumbsup:
try pacfic rush barbasol or gillette barbershop fresh! nice scents!

there are some soaps and aftershaves that are bad too with harmful ingredients.
Very true. Theres a lot of misconceptions when it comes to soaps and creams, in the thinking that natural ingredients are better for you. Some people have allergic reactions to things like essential oils.

Top Bottom