What's new

Barbasol 100th Anniversary Edition Can

Harris-Teeter (grocery store) near me has several varieties of Barbasol in the 10oz cans, including a row of Anniversary edition.

You should buy a couple and forget about them. Every single "collectable" barbasol can has some type of increasing value as well as demand from collectors including all of the various Jurassic Park cans for example. I didn't think about it until my local stores ran out.

I got my anneversary can a couple weeks ago. Hadn't used Barbasol for years, since my cart days. Great smell and it worked well. Will use it from time to time. I like the retro can. Will keep it for decoration next to my Old Spice light house decanter.

View attachment 926844
found this at my local shop rite for 18 bucks. You get the aniversary can, 1 travel size can, 1 razor w/2 blades, Barbasol retro playing cards and a nice size tin. I was looking for a storage box for some of my razors,so this fit the bill, comes with some nice foam inserts for protection and has enough room for 2 levels of razor storage. Overall it's a little pricey for what you're getting, but I like the tin and it's a cool storage box for the shave nook.

Does anyone know if these Barbasol 100th Anniversary gift tins are still available anywhere?

Does anyone know if these Barbasol 100th Anniversary gift tins are still available anywhere?

I only saw it in my shoprite back in Nov, there was probably 12 or so on the end of aisle display shelf. and the majority of them were there well thru the holiday. I was hoping to grab another for maybe at discount price because they didnt seem like they were selling, but they cleared out and replaced by some old spice body wash set. I never saw it in any other stores, never found it online either.

I got my anneversary can a couple weeks ago. Hadn't used Barbasol for years, since my cart days. Great smell and it worked well. Will use it from time to time. I like the retro can. Will keep it for decoration next to my Old Spice light house decanter.

Love that decanter, I was lucky enough to grab one unopened from ebay a year ago for the price of an empty one.

I only saw it in my shoprite back in Nov, there was probably 12 or so on the end of aisle display shelf. and the majority of them were there well thru the holiday. I was hoping to grab another for maybe at discount price because they didnt seem like they were selling, but they cleared out and replaced by some old spice body wash set. I never saw it in any other stores, never found it online either.

Thanks for the reply. I've used Barbasol shaving cream for years, and definitely would have grabbed one of those souvenir tins if I saw any. Of course I do have a couple of the 100th Anniversary 10oz cans - great stuff.

In reality, what's not to love? Even if you don't like canned foam you still have to give credit to the barbasol company for spending their entire history trying to give people a quick, easy, affordable shave and we as shave enthusiasts need to recognize their impact.

Thanks for the reply. I've used Barbasol shaving cream for years, and definitely would have grabbed one of those souvenir tins if I saw any. Of course I do have a couple of the 100th Anniversary 10oz cans - great stuff.

no prob, I looked on the bottom of my tin did an online upc search nothing came up. Besides us talking about it, there is only one thread on reddit that mentions this tin. Nothing on the secondary market. Hail Mary shot I would just email the company.

The other day I was at one of the local Dollar General stores, a rather disorganized one. The only Barbasol they had was, no joke, ten full anniversary cans.

I have one and don't use it to speak of anyway, so I left them there.

I also had to laugh. Barbasol has updated its website and is touting its new 7 ounce cans as a feature on the home page.

Same Trusted Barbasol, New Premium Packaging

As men’s shaving habits have evolved, so has our offering. We’re excited to introduce new packaging while still providing the best branded value in the marketplace.

• New premium three-dimensional can
  • New protective cap
  • Rustproof aluminum bottom
  • 3-4 month average supply*

So there you go. There's just nothing like marketing to pee on your foot and tell you it's raining.

Yes, that is pretty insulting to the consumer with half a brain. I'm thankful for companies like Soap Commander who make their products in the U.S.A. and provide a great bang-for-the-buck shave compared to the goo-in-the-can.

saw the new barbasol 7 oncers today at my local shoprite today, the can's are pretty cool, nice premium feel. Seems more like a can Edge should have rather than Barbasol. I grabbed 3 Pacific Rushes they were the only Ol' 10 Ozers left in stock.

Reopening this thread because I got an email from MLB today.

upload_2019-7-18_15-17-13.png

100th anniversary in their fancy new 7oz can. Yay?

Ha...I've got a bunch of the 10oz cans. I suspect they are trying to bolster their sales since Foamy is still in the larger cans, albeit with a foam selection much smaller than it was, at a very similar price point.

So, what’s the issue here? They’re touting a smaller can as an improvement? Or did I miss something else?

That and they didn't cut the price. The 7oz can costs just as much as the old 10oz can did, so it was a fairly substantial price increase that they tried to handwave away by touting the features of the can, as if that's why people choose the product over competitors.

FWIW, at my local stores, Barbasol and Foamy are basically the same price per ounce now. Barbasol was traditionally a less expensive product but not anymore.

I'm all set with Barbasol for awhile, I have like 20 ,10oz cans . I grabbed a bunch of the menthol ones when I thought they were discontinuing it, been using it all summer.

Top Bottom