What's new

Barbasol 100th Anniversary Edition Can

barbasol magnet.jpg

Bought one today! The can is so nice I'm going to use it as a decoration in my bathroom when it's empty. Barbasol is the only canned foam I will use and I do apply it with a badger brush. My grandpa used barbasol with a brush so I think that used to be pretty common

Picked up can 2 days ago and just used it. Second application was exceptional going ATG. Seems to smell better or is that my imagination?

I bought the Barbasol centennial can and tried it this morning. I compared it to a new can of regular Barbasol, and can't tell a difference in fragrance or thickness. All canned foams tend to become more watery as you use them, and are thickest at first use.

When shaking both, it seemed that the centennial had a more liquid sound. I barely used my other can of regular Barbasol, so it was comparing new with almost new.

Checked three places today and came up empty: CVS, Walgreens, Dollar General. Has anybody else seen it in Southwest Florida?

I bought this last night at Walmart for $1.79. It sounded watery and thin when I shook the can. I tried it this morning and found nothing notable in the results. The old time can is cool though. Standard Barbasol has a funny smell to me, lardy and almost rancid. I am a big fan of Barbasol Sensitive though. That works great, I use it daily, and they had the travel size last night. I bought that for my travel kit.

succumbed and picked up a can at local publix!
surprisingly rich, thick, creamy and slick for canned foam!
per normal, did a preshave lather with glycerin soap.
overall great shave!
will let you know later if the ladies will notice, as advertised!

barbasol gillette fine december 14 2018.jpg

At $1.49 it's the cheapest decoration in my shave den.
I'll probably try shaving with it but it seems really thin and dry to me...

My several-years-old can of Original has gone thin and watery, so perhaps I'll replace it with a can of this anniversary stuff.

Top Bottom