What's new

Balm, soothing question.

I have a Merkur fusion set on 1 and I’m still getting a ton of irritation on my lower neck, is there anything you would recommend in the interim
until I get used to it over the next couple of weeks? I’m currently using Thayers witch hazel lavender..... would something fromTOBS orD.R. Harris be better? I’m welcome to any advice. Thank you so much for your time.

Andy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Andy, I don't typically suffer from irritation after my shaves but when I do I find that (sorry it's mass market, but it's readily available) Dove Men Care hydrating balm is very effective. I'd also mention Lucky Tiger as an aftershave splash as it is very gentle and soothing. The two can be used in tandem.

Some fairly inexpensive shave balms with good healing properties are Proraso White and Nivea Sensitive. Carry on using the witch hazel, just apply some balm afterwards. You don't need to apply very much. Put a bit about the size of a nickel or a dime in your palm and rub it into your wet face.
1616388830381.png
1616388878016.png

for the most affordable surprise? Nivea all the way.. punches way out of it's class. Also good to sooth minor irritation .... Trumpers Skin Food, Zingariman balms, L'Occitane after shave balm .... I use them all and love 'em.

Thank you for your replies, it looks like I’ll be grabbing a bottle of Nivea or Proraso white. Hopefully it’ll help.

Regards,
Andy

Top Bottom